six

"Vas a salir con Pedri?" Your father sat in the living room.

You nodded your head yes. "Vamos a ir a comer otra vez," You told him.

"Adonde? Para que llame a la prensa," He asked, as his eyes were glued to his phone. 

You told him where you and Pedri had agreed to meet. You knew that your father would anonymously call the paparazzi to let them know where the two of you were. After all, that was the whole point of these so-called dates; to get media exposure so that the sudden engagement didn't surprise people, at least not surprise them too much.

They had planned this all out carefully.

You and Pedri would go on dates, and make the people believe that the two of you were truly in love. Then, when the time was "right" he would propose, then the engagement parties, and then, of course, the grand wedding.

You didn't know just yet what the background story would be.

How did you and Pedri meet? Who fell in love first? How did the two of you start dating? Too many questions and not many answers...

You traveled to Spain and somehow the Barça player fell for you? This was all too complicated, but you would leave it to your father, after all he was the one that practically forced this marriage upon you.

You walked out of the house and got in your car. These past couple of days have been date after date and you were getting overwhelmed. Although you did have to admit, Pedri wasn't that bad. You would never say it to his face because it would feed his ego, but he was tolerable and not to mention, nice to look at. His personality was also nice, it seemed to make you forget about his reputation of being a player.

What overwhelmed you was the constant feeling of being watched by not only your parents but by Pedri's parents as well. It felt like you had eyes on you all the time and you absolutely had no room, whatsoever, for making mistakes.

You felt the pressure of not messing up. You quite literally couldn't afford to mess up.

You sighed as you turned your car on, starting to head to the restaurant you and Pedri had agreed to go to for this "date."

He had given you his number after your first "date". Telling you that it was a requirement; his father's words, not his; so you both could plan your future "outings" as he called them.

You heard your phone ding as you waited for the traffic light to turn green.

Pedri-Voy en camino

Tambien yo-Y/n

Pedri-Vale, te veo aya

You turned your phone off just in time to continue driving after the light had turned green.

When you arrived at the restaurant, you parked, waiting in your car for Pedri. You pulled out your phone as you waited, something you regretted as soon as the news notification popped up on your phone.

"Jugador Mexicano; Kevin Álvarez, visto de nuevo con la chica misteriosa. Son novios?"

You stared at the news article, and when you scrolled down more, you saw the picture. It was definitely Kevin, and he was definitely with some girl. Kevin and this new girl seemed to be the talk of the country. Every Time you opened your phone, some sort of news article having to do with Kevin's dating life, always, pops up.

Your thoughts were interrupted by Pedri, who knocked on your window.

You immediately turned your phone off, getting out of the car.