fourteen

You woke up with a headache and just the idea of getting out of bed made you feel even more exhausted, but Pedri was leaving for Spain soon and there were still things that needed to be handled.

You sighed as you finally got out of bed. You heard a knock on your door and soon after not even waiting for a go-ahead, your mother walked in.

"Buenos dias," She smiled at you.

You just smiled at her, not really wanting her to be in your room so early in the morning.

"Mira, te lo ha traido Pedri," She gushed as she set a big box on your bed. You looked at her confused.

"Pedri?" You asked. "Está aqui?" You weren't really expecting him to come without a warning.

She nodded her head yes.

"Lleva mucho esperando?" You asked as you turned to look at your clock worried. You had taken a while to muster up the strength to get out of bed. But to your defense, you didn't know that Pedri was here, or else you wouldn't have taken so long to get out of bed.

"No, acaba de llegar hace como unos diez minutos," She said as she sat on your bed, waiting eagerly for you to open the box.

"Que es?" You asked as you walked toward the box.

"No lo se," She answered. "Abrelo,"

You opened up the box, revealing a soft pastel blue dress. It was such a beautiful color and it was a very nice and soft fabric. 

"Que lindo," Your mother looked at the dress, equally as mesmerized as you were.

You fully pulled it out of the box. It was long, with short sleeves.

"Corre, cambiate, Pedri esta abajo esperandote," Your mother said as she quickly got off your bed and began to walk out of your room so that you could change.

You didn't really feel like going out, you truly just wanted to hide away in your room and pretend like you didn't have to commit to a life that you didn't want.

But you knew that wasn't an option.

You changed into the dress and you did your hair as well as your makeup. You tried your best to hide the eyebags that sat under your eyes due to your lack of sleep. You had stayed up almost all night contemplating what you could do to avoid being in this mess. Still, much to your dismay, every option you came up with, ended up with your family going completely broke, your father's reputation going downhill, and you being left to fend for yourself.

You grabbed your bag before heading downstairs.

Being around Pedri wasn't stressful, it was just the situation that the two of you were in that would bring that huge hit of distress.

"Pense que nunca bajarias," Pedri joked as soon as he saw you walk into the living room.

"Lo estaba pensando," You said, sighing, making him laugh.

"Me alegro que hayas bajado, te vez bien," He said, motioning his head toward the dress he had bought you.

"Gracias, está muy lindo el vestido," You said, smiling softly.

"Lo vi y me hizo pensar en ti," He said, shrugging his shoulders as if what he said hadn't just made your stomach do a little flip.

"Oh," Was all you could come up with to respond to what he had just admitted. You tried your best not to blush, turning your head slightly to look away from him.

"Bueno, lista para irnos?" He asked as he got up from the couch walking to stand in front of you.

"Adonde vamos?" You asked.