twenty five

After coming back to Barcelona, Pedri's mother had come to the apartment to celebrate. His father didn't show up, which honestly, didn't surprise anyone. Even though his son would go and represent their country in the upcoming World Cup, that didn't seem like an accomplishment to Marcos.

"Se ven más felices," Paz whispered as the two of you stood in the kitchen, preparing the food for dinner. Pedri was still at training and some of his teammates had also gotten called up to the national team, so they would come to have dinner at the apartment to celebrate.

You smiled at her words.

"Lo estamos," You told her as you nodded your head.

You remembered how destroyed you were when Kevin left. How impossible it seemed to even feel an ounce of happiness again. You had closed yourself off, away from everyone. You couldn't believe that Kevin, your Kevin, had left you and you especially couldn't believe all the words he had said to you.

"Y/n," You heard Lucia speak with worry, her voice soft as she cautiously opened your bedroom door.

You didn't say anything, you couldn't find what to say.

"Ven, vamos a que respires un poco de aire fresco," She sat on your bed, her hand pushing a strand of your hair behind your ear. You have been locked up in your room for weeks now. "Por favor," She pleaded.

You finally looked up at her. Then, it hit you all again. All at once. His words, his actions, everything, just came right back and fell right on top of you, crushing you all over again.

"Kevin se fue," You sobbed. "Y me dejo aquí como nada, como si no le importara para nada," You got up slowly, trying to latch onto Lucia as she reached over to hug you, allowing you to sob in her arms. "Hubieras escuchado todas las cosas feas que me dijo,"

"Estaras bien," She tried to reassure you but right now, that didn't seem like it would ever happen. "No lo necesitas,"

But now, even thinking back to that felt useless. You were in a better place, mentally and emotionally.

"Estoy bien, y estoy feliz," You said, still smiling at her.

"Que bueno, me alegro mucho," Paz smiled, putting her hand on your shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Les dije que todo saldría bien," She smiled proudly.

Her words made you get lost in your own mind. Your thoughts were the only things you could hear now.

Sure, everything was going well.

But if all of this hadn't been set up; you and Pedri. Where would you be right now? Would you still be drowning in your own misery?

Would you and Pedri have ever met? Probably not. Was this a destiny thing? Or was it just simply, well... Forced.

Can one play with destiny? Do you even have any control over such things?

Was what you were feeling just something that came from something that was forced upon you, or was it real? Were you starting to like Pedri? Or were you just growing comfortable with the whole idea of marrying him?

Was this an act of survival so that you weren't completely miserable?

You had so many questions that you didn't think you would ever get answers to.

"Y/n," His voice broke you away from your thoughts.

"Hm?" You turned your head around slightly, once you felt Pedri's arms wrap around your waist.

"Ya llegue," He placed a kiss on your cheek. "En qué pensabas?" He asked, a bit concerned.

You stayed quiet as you contemplated whether you should let him into your mind.