ten

You couldn't believe that you had actually agreed to go to Spain with Pedri. Especially in front of his parents. Well, his parents were the sole reason why you had said yes in the first place, and now there definitely was no going back. Your father would be beyond furious if you backed out.

You tried to convince yourself that it wouldn't be so bad. It couldn't be that bad, right? It's just Pedri, and so far, he has been kind and respectful and, well, tolerable.

Sure, sometimes you found yourself looking at the many, many news articles that talked about his many, many scandals, and you just couldn't believe that the articles were about the same Pedri you have gotten to know. But, maybe just like you, right now, he was pretending to be somebody else to please his parents.

Futbolista del Barça, visto con una nueva chica.

Pedri, jugador del Barça, visto besándose con una chica misteriosa.

Con quien está Pedri ahora? El jugador del Barça se ha visto saliendo de un Hotel con una chica nueva. Que ha pasado con la otra chica?

All the articles had him with a different girl, but never ever, was it the same girl. It absolutely blew your mind.

But going back to the whole "going to Spain" with him, you had always wanted to go to Spain, so technically, this could be seen as a was a win-win situation.

But, you still couldn't help but also feel nervous. You didn't know anyone in Spain, besides Pedri and his parents of course. Pedri did mention introducing you to his friends, and that made you even more nervous.

You would be seeing his life, and you weren't sure how you would react to it. Especially due to the articles. Now, he is one of the kindest people you have ever met, but it could just be the facade he has created to please his parents...

What if you arrived in Spain and it was like a switch? What if he wasn't who he seemed to be right now and he ended up turning into a completely different person? We would be entering his "world," and honestly, you didn't know if you were ready for that.

And you would be showing up to a country you have never been to, not knowing anyone else besides him and his parents and that didn't help in calming down your nerves, if anything, it made them worse.

"Hiciste bien en decir que si iras a España con Pedri," You jumped from the sudden interruption of your thoughts. Your father praised you as he walked towards you to pull you into a hug.

"Como si hubiera podido decir que no," You mumbled against his shoulder.

"Eso no importa, al menos pensaste y dijiste que si," He said as you pulled away from the hug to look at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Nunca te importa lo que yo siento," You fully pulled away from him, heading toward your bedroom.

It was frustrating; constantly feeling like a small child whenever you stood in front of your father. You had recently just graduated from University, and you were already getting married.

You had nothing against marriage; you always thought that you would be engaged, at most, at this age. You just never thought it would be like this.

Quite frankly, you thought that you and Kevin would've lasted more years together, then he would've proposed, you would've gotten married, traveled the world, and then maybe have kids. Never in a million years did you think you would be in an arranged marriage with someone you didn't know.

But then again, never in a million years did you think you and Kevin would've broken up or that he would leave the way he did.

You had no say in how a very important part of your life would play out. You felt like a puppet that was being manipulated by your father. You also had nothing truly stopping you. If you were still with Kevin you would have of course said "no" completely but Kevin wasn't in the picture, and this marriage would save your family from going absolutely broke and completely falling apart.

Pedri had similar thoughts as you, from what the two of you had conversed.

"Tu te quieres casar?" Pedri asked as the two of you sat outside, with your feet in the pool.

You stayed quiet, thinking about your answer for a second. You looked down at the water, feeling Pedri's gaze on you.

"La verdad," You turned to look at him. "No, pero no tengo otra opcion. Dice mi papa que es para salvar a mi familia y pues, tengo que hacer lo que el dice." You said, letting out an exasperated breath. "No quiero que mi familia sufra."

He slowly nodded his head.

"Y tu?" You asked.

"La verdad, me da igual," He shrugged his shoulders. "No estoy enamorado de nadie, no tengo novia, no tengo nada que me detenga," He said as he moved his feet in the water.

His honesty made you chuckle a bit, causing him to look at you once again.

"Porque te ries?" He asked smiling.

"No lo se, solo me causo risa," You shrugged your shoulders, smiling. "Pense que de tantas chicas, almenos una te habia atrapado el corazon," You wiggled your eyebrows at him teasingly.

What you said made him laugh, but your laughter stopped when he asked you a question.

"Que? Al caso tu estas enamorada de alguien?" It was his turn to wiggle his eyebrows at you teasingly.

His question made you stop any movement, causing goosebumps to form on your skin as you allowed the question to sink in. Did you love someone? Yes? No? You used to? What were you supposed to say? Answer with honesty? Lie? At this exact moment, you weren't even sure of your answer.

You turned to face him, looking at him, thinking carefully about how to answer his question.

"No," You responded. "Almenos ya no," You weren't sure if you were lying or if you were telling the truth, but, your answer was good enough, at least for right now.

He didn't say anything, you just watched him as he kept moving his feet in the water. He moved his foot hard enough to splash water on you making you gasp.

He laughed at your reaction, laughing even harder when you splashed him back.

You were glad that at least your relationship with Pedri wasn't horrible. Just like any new relationship, of course, it was awkward at first, especially since you weren't a big fan of the whole arranged marriage idea. Nonetheless, the two of you slowly began to warm up to each other and grew more comfortable. The whole idea of having to marry each other became less and less heavy on your minds. The two of you still had a lot to figure out, but it made it easier that the two of you were on the same page.