twenty two

"Y/n Villanueva, hija de uno de los empresarios más importantes de México, fue vista saliendo con el jugador Español del equipo FC Barcelona, Pedri González

"Y/n Villanueva, hija de uno de los empresarios más importantes de México, fue vista saliendo con el jugador Español del equipo FC Barcelona, Pedri González. ¿Hay un romance ahí? ¿Qué está pasando?"

That was the first article he read. The first time he had seen your name after all the time that had passed.

At first, it was the shock he felt at seeing your name but seeing it made him read the whole article. He knew that you didn't like the spotlight, but then as he continued to read, and when he realized what the article was really about, it felt like a weight began to fall on his chest.

That was the beginning of the deep hole he would soon fall into. Every article that had your name on it, he was the first to read.

"Es oficial! Y/n Villanueva y Pedri González confirman su relación," And of course, right under the headline was a picture of you and Pedri kissing.

Kevin had seen all of those articles. He had seen every single article that had to do with you and he had seen all of the pictures too. He couldn't help it. He wanted to see what you were doing, why you were doing this. What had led to this whole thing, even though he knew exactly how this happened?

He had left you all alone. A clear path for you to move on and truly, he was the only one at fault.

But Pedri? He just couldn't wrap his mind around how that came to be.

He was well aware of everything that was going on and of all of the media that surrounded you right now. He saw how you smiled in all of those pictures. He saw the way Pedri's arm would wrap around your waist as he guided you through the crowds. And he could most definitely see the way Pedri looked at you.

He still loved you, even after all of this time. As twisted as that sounded. He knew how badly he had hurt you, but he still loved you.

Yet, he was a coward.

How could he face you after how he had left you, after he had said all of those hurtful things to you?

There was a time when he had gotten the courage to go look for you, to tell you that he was sorry. He was ready to beg for forgiveness.