twelve

Just as promised, the next day, Pedri was standing in the foyer, waiting by the door, ready to go to the boutique.

You walked down the stairs and your eyes widened in surprise when you saw your mom all dressed up and ready to go as well.

"Vas a ir tú también mamá?" You asked as you reached the last step.

"Claro," She smiled, making you look at Pedri.

"Mi mamá también vino, está en el auto," He announced, making your eyes widen even more. You thought that it was just going to be you and Pedri.

"Maravilloso," You said through gritted teeth as you walked closer to Pedri to properly greet him. You gave him a quick hug, that lasted no more than three seconds.

"Bueno, vamos," Your mother opened the door, letting you and Pedri walk out before her so she could lock the door behind her. You saw that the passenger seat was empty, and you could see Paz's head peeking out from behind, sitting in the back seats.

Pedri walked to the driver's seat, and your mother joined Paz in the back seat, leaving you to sit in the passenger seat.

"Me vas a tener que decir como llegar," He said as he handed you his phone with the directions.

"No soy buena dando direcciones," You admitted, you hated sitting in the passenger seat because you would be in charge of giving directions, and that always made you nervous.

"Esta bien, si te equivocas no hay problema," He said, chuckling slightly.

You just laughed at his response.

He drove out of your driveway, and even with your bad direction giving, you all made it to the boutique in a decent amount of time.

As soon as you stepped inside of the boutique, you were rushed into the dress section, the lady grabbed way too many dresses and then you were shoved into a dressing room to try on every single one of them. It looked as if they had brought the whole store into the dressing room you were in.

"No me gusta," You told your mother as you walked out in a dress that was too fluffy. It made you feel uncomfortable and it definitely was not your style. The length was also a bit too short for your liking.

"A mi tampoco," Pedri stood next to you as he looked at the huge mirror wall that was in front of you both. "Esta muy esponjoso," He said as he buttoned the buttons on his sleeve.

The two of you stood on a platform, watching each other through the mirror wall. 

You smiled at him, agreeing with what he said. You pulled at the fabric which was making your skin itch.

After what you had said yesterday, Pedri had been acting a bit more distant, which obviously made you hesitant. What was going on in his mind? What was he thinking? Was what you had said bad? You felt more self-conscious near him, which hadn't happened before.

You went back into the dressing room, trying on another dress. This dress was beautifully elegant, but it had a form of simplicity to it that made it even more gorgeous. When you finally put it on, it looked even more beautiful. It hugged your body perfectly. 

The dress wasn't anything extravagant since it was just the engagement party. You wanted something simple and comfortable.

 You wanted something simple and comfortable