𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Calm down

Calm down... it'll be fine... the Insect Pillar reassured herself. Sitting down in front of the shrine in the household on her knees. A forced smile on her face.

Calm me down, Nee-San. Only immature people don't control their emotions.

A lot had been going on through her mind for the past couple a days, with the training and everything. It really was going to happen, the fight for mankind and to defeat the Demon King and be rid of him.

She was trying so very hard to not lose herself, but the forced smile made it even worse. She grit her teeth together and sunk her head down.

"Master, you've returned!"

"Hello Shinobu-San."

There were two people at the door who greeted her. She turned to find you along with Kanao smiling her direction.

"I was gonna go and train with the Wind Hashira now."

Shinobu replied with a hum.

"Master?" Kanao asked. "After my training session with the rock pillar, may I train with you?"

Shinobu turned to stare at the both of you. Her expression was clearly not how she was feeling deep down. She was frustrated and worried.

"I can't participate in the training session."

"Oh?" You both replied at the same time in confusion. "W-Why not?"

"Both of you. Come." She waved her hand over to have them come inside. The two of you glanced at each other in question, but nonetheless, walking in and sitting yourselves down to face the violet-eyed Hashira.

Kanao seemed to be upset and held her head down. A tiny blush appearing on her cheeks. "I just— wanted to trading with my master."

Your heart nearly exploded from her adorable face right now. A tiny grin forming along your face.

Shinobu felt her own heart grow fuzzy. Such a heartfelt compliment, causing Shinobu to smile. She felt worth it.

"Kanao... you really have come around." She stated with the tone of a proud older sister. "Being honest with your feelings is a good sign."

Kanao lifted her head and smiled, then turning to meet your (e/c) eyes that seemed to sparkle all the time. "Y/n helped me. If not for her, I wouldn't be able to realize my true feelings."

You tried to restrain yourself from grinning too much as a flush of red grew on your rosy cheeks. Pressing your lips into a fine line as your heart fluttered at her compliment.

"Oh, Y/n, I wanted to give you something." Shinobu remembered. Hearing this, you grew curious and gave her a perplexed stare.

"It may not be much, but it means a lot to me, along with Kanao." She turned her body around as if trying to grab something. She then pulled out a similar clip that looked a lot like Shinobu's. It was a butterfly clip, the outer rim in the color of a bright magenta and inside was a vibrant color of chartreuse. Your eyes widened at this.