43.

Danielle POV.

I was so in love with my baby girl and I really wanted to be around her and bond but for some reason it just doesn't feel right. I just can't connect with her like Odell does. Even though she's a newborn, she probably doesn't even notice but in my mind I think she does. These past few days I've just been feeling really down, like it's a huge cloud of rain over me, it makes me feel worthless almost like I'm not anything...all because I can't bond with my baby I called my doctor and made an appointment so he could tell me what I needed to do.

"I'm aware that you just gave birth recently..what's her name" My doctor said.

"Yes I did, we named her Nevaeh." I nodded.

"That's beautiful, how's you're relationship with you're baby?" He asked.

"...Her father has her more than me. Seems like he knows more about babies than I do and she seems to only want him." I folded my arms.

He sat the pen down.."Does it bother you?"

"Kinda but it's only because I try to bond with her like her father does but for some reason i just can't get into you, I even work late just so I don't have to come home and deal with the stress of not being able to bond with her,I can't even sleep at night just thinking about it... my other daughter Hailey is from my husbands past relationship and when we got her she was passed all those early stages so it was pretty easy to get to know her and bond with her...." I was on the verge of breaking down, it tore me apart that for some reason I couldn't hold Nevaeh and interact with her the way I wanted to.

"Umm, I think you have what we call Post-Partum...mostly happens after a woman gives birth. You have all the symptoms, Insomnia, easily irritated, and difficulty bonding with the baby..."

"So what are you gonna do, lock me in a crazy house?" I spoke in a dull tone.

"No sweetheart I am not..I'm gonna give you counseling 3 times a week and you need to take some antidepressants just for a few months until I see some progress alright." I nodded my head.

She grabbed my hand and sat next to me.

"I know what you're going through and I've been there before. I know you feel alone at times, almost like you have nobody to talk to but I'm glad you decided to come here because most woman wouldn't have even taken the step into getting help but you sensed something was wrong and you came here..I'm proud of you and I promise within a few months you'll be fine and you can bind with you're baby like there's no tomorrow." She smiled at me.

"Thank you a lot, and I'm glad you actually wanna help me." I smiled.

My phone started ringing and Odell popped up, shit! He has training today and he's probably wondering where I'm at..I hit the ignore button and turned my phone off. After I left therapy, I decided to go see my bestfriend Jermaine..I haven't seen him in a while.

"Hello Jermaine." I smiled as he opened the door.

"Hey Baybeh, what you doing here." He smiled and hugged me.

"Just wanted to stop by and see you." I walked inside.

I plopped down on his couch and sighed, he sat next to me and spoke.

"How's Nevaeh doing?" He asked.

"Good," I shrugged.

"Good? Just good, most new mama's would be ramblin' on and on 'bout their baby!"

"Well I'm not like other moms..." I was on the verge of crying..

"What's wrong?" He wrapped his arms around me and I bursted into tears.