CHAPTER-5

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Dedicated to Uh88huh, PoornimaS2, FathimasFarhana and aaami_M for your support. Thank you.

3.7k words.

"Please applaud for Kook and his soon-to-be wife." Chae-won announced happily.

Lisa blushed and smiled at her words as the hall burst on loud claps and cheers.

"Wait a minute Eomoni." Jungkook said sharply, jerking his hand away from her hold and continued looking at her confused face.

"How can you make such an important decision without asking me?" Yoona along with Jisoo and other family member's including Lisa and her parent's smile vanished at the question.

"That means you don't accept my decision. Don't you respect my wishes?" she asked looking around the hall awkwardly.

"Your wishes." He said in disbelief. "And what about my wishes? I am the one getting married. You could've at least asked me once."

"I don't need to ask you, what kind of girl you need. Are you trying to say that I have no right to choose our daughter-in-law? Don't you trust my judgement? "

Jungkook scoffed in disbelief and said, "This is what I don't like about you Eomeoni. "

"Kook," his mom interrupted.

"Just a minute eomma," he said turning towards Chae-won and continued, "You always make mountains out of molehills. I am talking about my choice Eomeoni." he stressed at 'my' pointing at himself.

Chae-won left the hall in anger as Yoona dragged Jungkook along with her, " What eomma? I said nothing wrong."

"Come on." Yoona said ignoring his words.

Whole family followed them as Jae-hee stayed back to send the guests off not before apologizing for the night's mishaps.

Yoona dragged Jungkook in front of Chae-won and pushed him towards her roughly as she said, " You...How could you talk to hyungsu-nim like that? Come on apologize to her."

Jungkook freed himself from Yoona's hold in a jerk as he uttered, " Why should I apologize?"

"Kook baby, listen. Don't you like Lisa?" Yoona asked calmly as Chae-won walked forward and sat down.

"Yes, I like her a lot."

"Then?"

"I like her because she is my childhood friend that doesn't mean I want to marry her." he said pointing towards Lisa, whose eyes were shedding tears.

He started walking towards Chae-won, as Yoona tried to hold him back, "What? Kook..Kook listen to me."

"I am not in love with her. She is just my childhood friend. You can even ask her. We don't love each other. That's it." He declared making sure everyone got his point.

Yoona tensed as she tried to calm the situation and said, " Kook once you get married, you'll fall in love with her. "

"Eomma please...! Things don't work like that anymore! Times have changed. I will marry someone I am in love with. Or else I won't marry at all." he said in an angry tone.

"Why are you all forcing me to do this?" he said as he kicked the sofa frustrated on the situation.

Jae-hee took the opportunity and put a hand on Jungkook's shoulder, "Kook enough, calm down. Eomeoni is only acting in your best interest."