CHAPTER-30

4.4k words

Chae-won: Until they get married, I won't eat or drink anything. I will eat only after Taehyung gets married. And that's my promise!

JK: How will that help, eomeoni? You might think you can influence me with emotional blackmail.

Yoona: Why don't you agree? Hyunsu-nim is correct. You are only twenty-three and he is forty years old. What kind of a relationship is that? Who marries an older man?

Jaehee: Kook, please don't mind. I am not trying to criticize you. But Taehyung has agreed to marry Minho. Why are you meddling in their lives now? 

JK: Because he is not a good person. I am sure, he isn't what he pretends to be.

Chae-won: Get one thing straight, Kook. Even if it means starving to death, I will get Taehyung and Minho married.

JK: If you want to starve yourself to make your point, from tomorrow, I'll do exactly what you'll do. Until Taehyung-ssi and Minho's wedding is called off, I won't eat or drink anything. And I swear on you, eoemeoni.

.

JK: Yes, his name is Choi Minho. He lives in Seattle. He works for Acmo Infotech. I want information about him within 24 hours. Call me and let me know...

Yugyeom snatched his phone.

Yug: Are you out of your mind? Answer me. Jisoo noona told me about the scene you created at home last night. Instead of mending your ways, you've been spying on him.

JK: He is not a good man, Yug.

Yug: You are wrong! You are jealous that Mr. Taehyung chose him over you. Had it been someone else in Minho's place, you would find faults with him too.

JK: At least you try to understand!

Yug: I don't want to understand! Kook, listen. Mr. Taehyung refused your proposal. He is going to marry someone else.

.

TH: Hey! Who are you? And what's all this...

Chae-won walked into his house, following the workers that placed few gifts.

Chae-won: I heard that you were getting married. Congratulations. I have got some gifts for you.

TH: I don't want the gifts. Please take them back.

Chae-won: Stop pretending! You better accept them. Men like you can go to any extent for money and status. That is why you've been trying to woo a twenty-three-year-old guy despite being 17 years older than him.

TH: What are you trying to say? What does all this have to do with my age?

Chae-won: I didn't bring you these gifts just because it is your wedding. I also want to thank you for setting my Kook free. With you getting married, Kook will be set free from your clutches. By the way, Taehyung, I have to commend you. You have succeeded in bringing my boy under your sway. Bravo! Well done!

She started clapping.

Chae-won: You've succeeded!

TH: I cannot change your opinion of me. I won't even try to change it. If you think that I lured your son, you are only deceiving yourself. You and your son had a fight, so Jungkook left the house and came here to stay. He convinced me to let him stay here as a tenant. I sent him back home at your insistence. He sure has helped my family and me but of his own accord. If he started developing feelings for me in that while, I am not responsible for it.

Chae-won: Look at the wrinkles on your face, and then argue with me.

She said mockingly.

Chae-won: You are not bad looking but I have seen prettier people. Don't think Kook would be interested in you forever. Quite cleverly, you managed to trap my son. Now you are provoking him by pretending to get married. Don't you feel ashamed? You have a fifteen-year-old daughter! You lured a twenty-three-year-old guy...