Chapter 1

Josephine

"No Bren, I really can't do this anymore. It hurts me so much, I'm sorry."

I sob to my ex boyfriend turned situationship because he said he could still have sex with me just not be in a relationship. And because I was so naive I said okay. I didn't want to lose him so I just thought this would be good for me, but after months of knowing he's seeing other girls, even being more serious with one while still fucking me is just so damaging to me.

He sits on his bed just looking at my distressed appearance, after breaking up Brendan had made it clear he wanted none of my feelings and just my body. So even if this is exactly what I signed up for I wish he'd at least hug me.

I decide once I've said what I needed to I should just go to spare myself and leave.

"Well uh bye." He says, which is probably the most he said in the thirty minutes I had spent sobbing to him.

I just run out the door, with my hood on hoping and praying to anyone out that there won't be any paparazzi today. I get in my car and start driving to my house, getting extremely lucky that I didn't even see a camera today.

After moping around in my house watching New Girl my best friend Meredith calls me. I answer while searching for the control, to pause my tv.

"Hey, what's up?" I croak out, my voice sounding so tired and a bit humiliated by raising my voice at Brendan earlier.

"Aww babe, I was going to call to ask how the talk went but by the sound of yourself I guess it went bad." She says, sighing a little through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm just a little relieved it's over." I sniffled, making her chuckle out an optimistic, "Good Riddance." 

I hum out a little giggle before she continues talking, "Well I was thinking, and I wasn't sure how today was going to go but I bought glass seats for the Devils game tonight. Do you want to come? I thought rain or shine, it'd be nice to go." She proposes, making me push my lips to the side and check the clock.

"Uhh yeah, that'd be nice. Puck drops at 7?" I ask her to confirm, and calculate how much I have to get ready. I hear a small squeal and she says, "Yay, yeah puck drops at 7, I'll pick you up at 6:20 ish." I listen to every small detail she gives me and then hang up after saying I love you.

Looking at the clock I still have an hour to watch New Girl, but what I do have to stop now is crying. I get up from my couch to grab some ice globes and start depuffing my face. Once my hour is up, I tidy my living room up and head to my bathroom to take a much needed shower. I'm not sure about other musical artists but I know for sure that for me showers are sacred studio time.

Throughout my breakup and second shot of trying a relationship with Bren I began writing again. Most of them were during the lows of it but the one that currently stands out to me is one I named 'I know it won't work' I wrote it when we decided we could try to make it work again but deep down I knew it wouldn't work. I just felt like I owed it to him and I.

"And part of me wants to walk away till you really listen. I hate to look at your face and know that we're feeling different. 'Cause part of me wants you back but I know it won't work like that, huh?" I sing out as the shampoo starts running down my back when I rinse it out. "Good sesh." I say before turning the shower off, and stepping out of my second favorite place to be in my house.

I put on some light makeup, and throw on some black leather pants, red boots, a regular white baby tee and my devil's cap. For the cold I take my vintage red Devils bomber jacket that was my dad's back in the day. I took a lot of his Devils memorabilia when he retired. He kept whatever was dearest to him and still fit him, but the rest you bet your ass I took it. Because let's be honest dad isn't in his old hockey fit form, but he's still a stud.