Chapter 33

Josephine

I wake up in Jack's arms, pressed up against his warm chest. I relax knowing I'm okay here in his arms. I readjust my head to lay beside him comfortably but that stirs him awake. "Fuck, sorry I didn't mean to wake you," I wince, wrapping my arms around his neck. "No, no you're good. Good morning, baby," He groans, laying on his back and pulling me on top of him.

I lay my head back on his muscular chest, listening to his heartbeat and breath coming in and out. "Question," He starts, scratching my bare back with his nails. "Answer," I respond, lifting my head from his chest. "Would you want to spend the summer in Michigan with me and a few of my friends?" He asks as I feel his heart rate quicken. 

"Jack yeah, that sounds like so much fun," I giggle, letting him tell me what's coming this summer. The more he tells me about their summers the bigger my smile gets. He has to fight his own to get half of the stories out. "Who is all going?" I ask him, pressing my lips to his chest. "Quinn, Luke, maybe some of Luke's friends, Z, Turcs, Coley, and me." He smiles at the end, earning a kiss on his lips.

-

We get to Michigan a few days before the rest of Jack's friends get there to spend some time with his family. I'm really excited to see Ellen, ever since the playoffs we text all the time about anything and everything. Sometimes Jack will get jealous over my giggling and smiling at my phone asking me, "Who are you texting smiling like that?" He worries. "Your mom," I smile and he'll become frustrated with me.

"Seriously Jo, who is it?" He asks gently. "Baby, literally your mom," I giggle showing him my phone as he read her contact name. Ellie💐💗  

We get to his house, grabbing our suitcases before walking into his house. "Momma!" Jack yells, and no answer. "Mom?" He'd shout louder, before furrowing his eyebrows. We drop our things off in his bedroom before heading back down the stairs to look for his family. "Josie honey, hi how are you?" She says the minute we get into the kitchen, bringing me in for a hug.

"Hi El, I'm good how are you?" We talk as Jack huffs behind me getting his mother's attention. "No, it's fine. It's not like I'm your kid, by all means, carry on." He gets sassy making Ellen pull him in for a hug smothering kisses all over his cheeks. "Hi baby boy, how are you?" She squeezes him. "Good, momma. How are you?" He says back. Such a momma's boy. Big green flag.

They talk for a little before Quinn and Luke get home from the store. "Sissy!" Luke hollers from the entrance, running to pick me up and spin me around in a hug. "Hi Lukey," I ruffle his hair. "Geez, do you all prefer my girlfriend over your own blood?" He says dramatically again.

"Because you said that, yes I do prefer Josie. She's not a pain." Luke sticks his tongue out before setting the groceries on the table. "Shut up come here, Moose. I missed you," Jack says pulling his brother into a hug. 

We eat dinner together, sitting around the table laughing and telling stories. "So my dad was asked to stop bringing his very angry six-year-old to games because she would mouth off the other team to stop being stupid," I tell the table making Ellen and Jim die laughing. "And mom I'll tell you what. She has not changed, you should've seen her when Sidney Crosby got a hit on me, she was livid." Jack laughed, pulling my seat closer to him.

I laugh, remembering the moment like it was yesterday but in reality, it was months ago and we weren't even dating yet. I look at Jack and smile as he whispers "I love you," to me making me blush. "Woah!" Luke yells, pointing at Jack with his mouth wide open. Jack groans when he realizes his brother is going to make a big show out of it. 

"Rowdy said I love you," Luke announces causing the table to aww as Quinn looks away, fighting to not make fun of his brother because he knows Jack and I will bring up Meredith. "Honey, that's so sweet," Ellen smiles, "When did you guys first say it?" She asks next. "Two weeks ago I think," I tell her as I look at Jack, who nods in agreement.