Chapter 53

Josephine

After getting the call that the house was ours, we wasted no time trying to move in and get the paperwork out of the way. After getting the key, we took a walk around, getting a feel for the house now that we could call it ours. Then we packed up a few of our necessities to bring here. We did not want to be in the penthouse anymore. This was it. This was our house. 

We were going to call a few friends in town to help us move in, but before that, I wanted to call Theo and ask him for a favor. I listen to the ringing until it's replaced with his voice. "Hello," His voice rumbles through the line. "Hey, Ted, can you do me a huge favor?" I smile into the phone. "Yeah, with what?" He asks. "You know how I said Jack and I were looking for houses? Well, he can't make it to see this one but I want your input on it," Jack nods as the lie tumbles out. 

Theo agrees and meets me in front of the house. I had to wait in my car when I saw he was only a few minutes away. I got out while he was parking and greeted him with a tight hug. "She's pretty," He says, blowing out a breath as he looks at my new house. I agree with him and walk him inside. "Woah, you can just walk inside like that?" He asks, looking around trying to see if anyone saw me 'breaking in' to my own home. 

"I mean yeah, I own it," I say casually, waiting for his reaction. "Shut the fuck up!" He yells, pushing past the door to get a look at the house. "Josie, this is crazy! Congratulations!" he beams, wrapping me up in a hug as Jack walks downstairs after his quick shower. "Dude," Theo walks over to Jack hugging him as he congratulates him. When they pull away Jack asks if he's ready to see his room, causing Theo to look over at me with his bottom lip jutted out. 

"You still gave me a room?" He asks and Jack is the one who scoffs and says, "Of course," The interaction was super cute, but Theo quickly snapped out of it so we could show him his room. When he walked in his jaw dropped. "These windows, holy fuck! Thank you guys," He hugs us another time before just sitting on the floor taking in his new room. 

Now all he has to do is pick up his things from the storage unit and move them in. Theo gets really excited and says he wants to unpack his things now, so look for the keys to the storage unit and while we are I take time to look over at Jack's outfit. "What's going on? Why are you so dressed up, handsome?" I kiss his cheek before moving away. Jack starts laughing and looks over at me trying to see if I'm being serious or not.

"Baby, we have that interview today, the GQ couples test Marj is making us do," Jack explains, making the exact conversation we had with Marj float to the front part of my brain. "Oh holy fuck, I forgot about that," I kiss him softly, "Thank you for remembering, give Theo the spare key so he can move in. Let me go get ready," I excuse myself, running upstairs to get ready for our interview.

I put on some mom jeans, a white crop top, and my favorite black bomber jacket. I let my natural waves down as I touch up my makeup to look a little fresh. I quickly run down the steps to see Jack waiting by the door with his phone in his hand. "Ready baby?" He puckers his lips, putting his phone in his pocket, to hold my hand. "Yep, is Theo gone?" I ask before we lock the door. He confirms and walks me to the passenger side, opening my door and helping me in.

God with the way I'm swooning you'd assume we weren't already dating for a year and a half. He's still a gentleman and makes me feel like the only girl in the world. I hope I make him feel the same. All the boys in the world and I still have my eyes only on him. They're locked in on him. 

Our drive there is quiet and peaceful. Our hands are rested in the middle, running our thumbs against each other. With each red light that stops us, Jack kisses me without fail. "I'm in love with you, you know?" He makes me blush. I kiss him softly, pulling back to see his eyes fluttered shut. "I'm in love with you," This time he smiles against my lips.