Epilogue pt.2

Josephine

[February 14, 2027]

"Ellie, baby" I giggle as I chase my 2-year-old son down the hallway. "No, mama, no," he giggles, wanting me to stop chasing him. Little does he know he part of my plan. Jack walks in dropping his hockey gear by the doorway. "Daddy!" Eliott runs over to him, crashing into his legs. "Hi love bug, whatcha got there?" Jack teases him, as he hides it behind his back. 

Before Elliot can hand him the test I walk up to him pressing a kiss to my husband's cheek. "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you," He smirks against my lips. "Eww, Daddy," Eliott scrunches up his nose not liking how lovey Jack is to me. "Why can't I kiss your mama? I love her," Jack tickles his stomach and Eliott drops the test to the ground. 

"What's that-" He cuts himself off before looking back up at me. "J, are you serious?" He smiles, squatting down to pick it up and read it for himself. "You have got to stop one-upping me with presents," he laughs, kissing my head over and over again. "Eli, are you ready to be a big brother?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulder, asking Jack to put him down. 

"Oh okay," I giggle, before wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. "Are you ready to be a daddy of two?" I smirk against his lips, "God yes, I love watching your belly grow and then bringing a mini us into the world." He lays against me. "Mini us? That baby over there is all you, if I didn't give birth to him I would not know whose blonde baby that was," I laugh.

[Febuary 27th, 2027]

"Nova, please come sit over here," Meredith calls her daughter over but she won't listen. "Novs, look Uncle Jack-Jack is about to start, and look there's your daddy!" I point and she comes running over, reaching up so I'll pick her up. "Hi, Daddy! Hi Jack-Jack!" She says to me, pointing over at them as they pop up on the screen. 

"I don't know how you do it," Meredith shakes her head. "I was raising 22-year-old boys, I got 2-year-olds in the bag," I giggle, as I rock Nova back and forth. I feel Eliott pull on my jersey and I look down to see him wanting to be held as well. "Come on, baby," I squat down letting him wrap his arms around me as I carry around two babies.

"Jos, let me hold my child, I know they're heavy," Meredith says, but Nova tightens her grip on me. "No, it's okay. I love this," I smile at her, kissing both of the toddler's heads. It's practice for later. I focus on the game going, standing up to get a better view. I see one of Jack's teammates cross-checking Quinn. I wince as Mere stands up, looking closely at the guy that shoving her husband.

"Mama, Huggy is angry," Eliott says as Nova watches her dad get into a fight. "I think one of the rookies shoved Quinn," I roll my eyes, being on my brother-in-law's side. "Asshole," Mere shakes her head. "Mama! That's a bad word!" Nova scolds her mom. I giggle giving her a high five.

"She hears me correct Quinn all the time, I should've known she'd get mad at me for cussing," Mere shrugs her shoulders. The camera crew takes a minute to announce any celebrities in the building. "Canucks please give a warm welcome to actor Ryan Reynolds!" They show him on the screen.

"And give it up for Josephine and Meredith Hughes, a popstar and model, both married to the Hughes brothers! Along with their children Eliott and Nova!" Eliott and Nova wave at the camera, before clinging onto me again. "Ellie, do you want bear to hold you?" I ask my son softly using the nickname he gave his aunt after hearing me call her Mere bear all the time.