Epilogue

[May 12, 2025]

Josephine

"Jack is out at practice, and I'm recording this because I think I'm pregnant," I say to the camera feeling incredibly nervous about just saying that out loud. I know my body and this isn't just my period. My boobs have gotten bigger, and today I got my first round of morning sickness. "I'm going to go to the store, and buy a few tests, but I just have a gut feeling. I know I'm pregnant." I say before shutting the camera off and heading to the drugstore.

I pick up four tests and pay for them before running out of the store and back to my car. I just want to know. I need to know if what my gut is telling me is right. When I get home I run up the stairs, to the restroom. My legs shake as I pee on the test. I set them down, shaking as I set a timer for however long I'm supposed to wait.

I want to make sure before I tell Jack, mainly because I'm afraid of getting his hopes up and then not being pregnant. I close my eyes, calming myself down as my timer goes off. "Babe?" Jack calls out, as he walks into the restroom to find me pressed against a wall, shaking. "Hey, hey, what's going on? Are you alright?" He asks, worries glazing over his eyes.

That's when I start crying, I wrap my arms around him as I weep. I haven't told him what's going on but when we pull back he looks at the counter before looking back at me. "A-are you?" He cups my cheeks. "I don't know, the timer just went off," I tell him, before getting up and wiping my eyes. "Why didn't you tell me you thought you were pregnant?" He asks softly.

"I didn't want to get your hopes up if I wasn't," I press a kiss to his lips. "None of that, I want to go through this entire process with you," He says before kissing my lips one more time. "Okay," I smile before grabbing the camera and setting it up on the counter. "Ready?" I ask before flipping the test over to see the word that would change our lives forever.

Pregnant.

"Holy fuck," I mutter out as Jack's eyes gloss over with tears. "Oh baby," He looks at me, trying his best to hold back his tears but he ultimately fails. He wraps his arms around me, weeping into my neck. "I can't believe this," He says softly, wiping his tears. "My baby's in there," he says placing a hand on my stomach.

His baby is in there, I weep at the thought alone. I cup his cheeks softly, telling him I love him before kissing his soft lips one more time. "Can we take a few more just to be sure?" He asks me gently, rubbing my cheeks with his thumbs. I hum a "Mhm," before chugging water so I can take another test.

The other two tests we took come out as positive and I don't think I've ever seen Jack look so happy. He can't stop cupping my cheeks and kissing every part of my face. "This is the best early birthday present I've ever had!" He gushes, lifting my shirt to touch my stomach. "I know they're too small right now, I just need to wrap my head around the fact that our baby is going to be growing in your belly," he says making me smile.

After settling down from all the emotions we've been feeling today, we lay down on our couch watching 'Friends' as Jack rests his hand over my stomach. I should've known he'd be obsessed the minute I told him. During a commercial break, he looks up at me and says, "Let's make an appointment so we can figure out how far along you are and figure out how we can make your pregnancy as good as it can be."

I picked the most perfect man to be in love with.

We sort those details out within the next episode of 'Friends' and coincidentally it's the episode where Rachel finds out she's pregnant. After careful consideration, we asked Trevor's mom, Dr. Julie Zegras, if she would be my OBGYN. She was over the moon to find out that I was pregnant and said it'd be her pleasure to be my doctor these next few months.