Chapter 6

Josephine

Disclaimer: smut.. enjoy

After practicing with some guys from the band Theo is in for the past month, we form an excellent rhythm. We flow well together and I'm excited to play with them. Though they understand three of the songs will be sung just by Theo and I. Hearing that stung the lead singer since has a bit of an ego, but what lead singer doesn't? For tonight I'll be playing the drums, bass and singing.

I packed two black dresses for tonight. One is a black dress with long sleeves, and a slit so I can play well. While the other is a thin strapped, has lace trimmings that just barely cover my nipples black dress with tan tulle under the black exterior. I won't be wearing any jewelry on stage, because it tends to get in the way when I'm playing.

Theo is going to be wearing the same thing throughout the night just changing as well after he plays. I pack our bags, because Theo being a 19 year old boy he is incapable of packing his own bag, without forgetting six things. We head to where we will be playing to run a quick soundcheck, before going home to get ready.

We race home to get get ready in time, and the minute we walk in Theo takes off to the restroom to shower, while I make him some lunch, because again he's a 19 year old boy. I put it on a plate as he steps out of the bathroom in his trousers and no shirt. "Thanks Jos." He smiles, letting me run past him to shower as he sits at the table to eat.

I don't run through my usual shower routine, and keep it quick this time. Shampoo, Conditioner, exfoliate and shave legs, and while I shave my legs I put a hair mask in which I quickly rinse out  before turning the water off. I wrap a towel around me, as I pluck any stray hairs in my eyebrows, quickly putting on some clothes before starting my makeup process.

I decide to go a little more full out since this is a gala we will be attending after performing. After spraying on some setting spray, I plug in my blow dryer so I can curl it afterwards. I wrap my hair around the hot wand when I hear a knock at the restroom door.

"Come in." I yell out. Theo walks in with a grilled cheese on a plate and hands it to me with water and my vitamins. "Ted." I pout, using the nickname I call him when he's being the cutest little brother ever. Tears almost prick my eyes by the sweet gesture.

"It's not much, but it's what I can make." He shrugs. "No hun, this is so sweet, thank you." I hug him, and reach up to press a kiss to his cheek before shooing him away so I can continue getting ready.

I put some hairspray in my hair, to secure my curls and put my dress on. Spritzing on my favorite vanilla perfume on, because I love smelling like a sugar cookie. "Alright, ready Ted?" I ask softly, before handing him some cologne I know he forgot to bring. Anything Theo buys I buy for my house too, because he spends so much of his time here with me. I grab my car keys, toss them to him and we're off.

The gala has probably been going on for about an hour or so by the time we get there. Theo and I hop out of the car to grab whatever we need and haul it inside. By the way Theo is popping his knuckles and trembling I can tell he's very nervous. He's played for a good hundred people but this is way more than he's used to. Being his overprotective older sister, I do my best to keep him calm before we play.

"Teddy, you're going to do amazing. Just look at me whenever you're freaking out, okay?" I nod in hopes he'll take in some of what I'm saying, "Let's take some deep breaths." I help him, slow his breathing and ease his jitters.

I pat some more lipstick onto my lips, when the stage manager knocks on our door to lead us to the stage. We can hear them start announcing us, and I hold Teddy's hand as we walk up the stairs leading us on the stage. By the way his hands are sweating excessively I turn around to remind him of the conversation we just had.