Chapter 49

Josephine

Since Brendan was arrested I've felt more at ease knowing he's not out to get me anymore, but now that he's gone Jack and I have been focused on healing from the emotional and physical trauma he inflicted. Since we live together now, we spend a lot of our time cuddling and staying in. The cuddling is incredibly healing emotionally and physically. I am a very touchy person and that kind of changed after Brendan, but I want that part of myself back so I'm working on it.

Jack and I wake up a few minutes before morning practice to reconnect, practicing a few simple acts of intimacy before his second alarm goes off and he has to get up. While he gets ready I head to the kitchen to make us some breakfast. I make him a smoothie consisting of everything he should be eating but doesn't want to. 

"Thank you, gorgeous," He kisses us and down my neck, making me giggle. Other than the fact that we officially live together, nothing in our routine has really changed. We already pretty much did this because as I previously said I'm a very touchy person, and thrive off of physical touch. 

Once Jack leaves I take the time to unpack a few boxes of my things. A lot of what was at my apartment was destroyed so there's not a lot to unpack. Everything really special to me was taken to that storage unit, and won't be unpacked until we move into our new house. Which we are currently searching for.

This whole experience of buying a home with the love of your life is truly exciting and it makes me feel happy that we're going to pick a home we both love. So far none of them have spoken out to us, but we just started looking. And since I'm going on tour with Taylor again for her last few shows we're not trying to buy right this minute. 

I clean up a bit, deciding Jack's penthouse looks a little lonely, so I take the liberty of going to Target and buying a few things. Starting with a few picture frames, candles, and flowers then heading to the snack section to grab a few things he might appreciate. I go through the music section looking for a new vinyl for my collection when I find mine. 

"Oh my god, she's so pretty," I whisper to myself taking a picture of my display of vinyls and CDs to post on my Instagram. I grab two books and a new Abbey Road record since my old one was smashed. While I'm here I might as well buy the Folklore and Evermore vinyl, right? I mean why not? I'm already here.

I drive home, pulling into an available spot before grabbing my bags and heading up to my new temporary home. I drop a hand of bags on the ground to grab my key and open the door but Jack gets to it before I can. He grabs the bags on the ground and the ones I'm still holding, pressing a sweet peck to my lips before leading me in to close the door. 

"Missed you," he chuckles, pulling me close to his sweaty body. "I'd ask where you went but duh Target," He peppers my face in loving kisses. "I got a few things for the penthouse," I grin, chasing his lips as he pulls away. "Oh yeah? Let me see," He smiles, sitting down in his chair as I pull everything out of the bags.

When I pull out Folklore and Evermore he blows a laugh out through his nose, "Yeah, how could you not get that, our home is so Taylor-less," He looks around to find traces of Taylor Swift and finds none. I try not to dwell on the way he said our instead of my. I know I moved in but I don't know a part of me still feels like this is just his house, which is why I wanted to buy a few things. 

I light the candle, unwrap the tulips, and display them in a pretty vase I saw. "I'm so happy you're here," He pulls me into his lap, "I hate being here when you're not here, which is why I was always at your house," He chuckles, rubbing my thighs. I turn my head to kiss him, cradling his jaw with one hand. We pull away a bit, still close enough to feel his breath on my lips but far enough to see the look in his eye.