Chapter 36

Disclaimer: smut ;)

Josephine

I post my most recent soft launching picture as Jack peacefully sleeps on top of me. I run my nails up and down his back and put my phone down so I can play with his hair. When my nails scratch up his scalp he snuggles closer to me. Getting closer to me like a cat rubbing up against its owner. 

I physically aww at his sleepy gesture, I try tilting my head to the side to catch his angelic face sleeping soundly. I wish I could kiss him but it'd probably wake him up. I close my eyes taking in the quiet, and the weight of my boyfriend laying on me. I find it so endearing when he does this. 

"Baby," Jack mumbles sadly into my neck. "Yeah honey," I coo back in a whisper, "I had a bad dream," He groans, holding me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me, kissing up and down my neck. "I'm sorry I just need to hold and kiss you for a bit," He says, rubbing his eyes and pecking me all over. 

After the last kiss, he hovers over me, looking me in the eyes, moisture glossing over his eyes. I reach up to cradle his face, silently reassuring him. "God, real life us is so much better than nightmare us," He groans, rolling off of me to lay on his side. 

"In my dream, we were yelling at each other, and you packed your things and left. But before you left you told me you never loved me," His voice breaks, but he tries covering it up with a sniffle and a harsh swallow. My eyes soften, taking in the retelling of his dream. 

"Come here angel," I open my arms for him to rest in. "Hey I love you, it's alright baby. I love you so fuckin' much." I reassure him as I feel his breathing pick up, clearly being affected by his nightmare. Poor boy. "Yeah I know you love me, it just felt so real." He mumbles as he stares into my eyes. 

We stay in bed for a little longer, just until Jack feels better to socialize with people. He stays close to me, just needing that extra bit of comfort from me. "This isn't too much?" Jack asks, insecurity lacing his tone. I hold his hands tightly, before shaking my head. "No, darling this isn't too much. Whatever you need from me today," I tell him as he nods his head in understanding.

"Jacky boy!" Trevor yells, running up to him, and hugging him. Jack hugs him back, and I watch as he relaxes into the hug. Trevor always has a way of knowing when his friends are down and his energy is enough to fuel them back up. "We going golfin' today or what?" he chuckles, before looking back at me.

"Yeah hon, it sounds fun." I smile when I watch his lips turn up. He hurries into his room to get his golfing clothes on as I make him some breakfast. Jack never expects me to make him food, but making people food is one of my love languages. I love being able to make him food, it's so comforting to me.

He wraps his arms around my waist, kissing my cheeks repeatedly. "Thank you for coming, I feel like I need to be out, but I want you with me," He says, as I pick up the fork, shoveling some breakfast into his mouth. "You're an angel," he tells me, humming as he savors the food. As he eats, I mess around with his hair, adjusting a few strands before putting his hat on backward.