Chapter 58

Josephine

Tomorrow is the day, I become Josephine Beth Hughes tomorrow. Mere comes over to drag me out of the house and into her penthouse. "Say your goodbyes, Josephine Beth," she says, tapping her foot. I decided to follow the traditional wedding rules and sleep without Jack beside me. "Okay, go wait in the car," I ask her and when she stays I follow that up with "Please," And she grabs my things and takes them to the car.

I sigh, throwing my head against Jack's chest. "Why did I think this was a good idea?" I ask, softly. "Just think about it like this, next time I see you, you'll be my wife." He says gently, cradling my face in his hands, as I wrap my arms around his waist. "I like the way you put it," I smile, pressing up on my tippytoes to feel his lips on mine for the last time as his fiancé.

Our moment is interrupted by the loudest, most obnoxious, but loving boys ever. "Lee! Out the house, it's bad luck!" Trevor yells at me, pulling me away from Jack as if our lips weren't just pressed together. "What are you gonna do when I'm no longer a Lee?" I ask Trevor, and he really thinks about it but at this point, I'm just stalling. "Damn, there are a lot of Hughes. I'll call you Lady Hughes, or Hughes-ette," I scrunch my face up, and tell him to come up with better ones.

"Bye baby," I say to Jack, pressing a few more sweet kisses to his lips. "Josie, you're like a leech, go away!" My little brother yells, throwing a pillow at my side. I flip him off and kiss Jack one more time, making him roll his eyes. "Okay bye, for real this time," I whisper before saying goodbye to everyone else.

I walk out of the house to see Meredith pressed up against her car by Quinn. She's giggling, as he whispers in her ear. "Go inside, your brother is waiting for you and is probably still attached to Josephine." She laughs, tilting her head up as he kisses down her neck. "He is not attached to me Trevor made sure of it," I laugh, interrupting them. Quinn laughs, wrapping his arms around my best friend as he says, "I'm sure Trevor would've made out with Jack to separate you two. He gets lonely," He jokes, making us laugh.

"Alright bye darling, see you tomorrow," Quinn says goodbye to Mere, kissing her three more times before heading inside. We both get into the car and sigh happily. "Those Hughes brothers man, I'm glad I'm marrying him tomorrow, or else I'd be ruined for all other men," I say with a smile on my face and Mere nods her head. "I'll marry Quinn someday," and I admire her hope because I also hope she marries him.

We start driving to her house blasting 'Lover' on the way there. For 'Paper Rings' Mere rolls down the windows and turns it up as loud as it can go. "Three times 'cause I've waited my whole life!" I yell, smiling so big I could win a contest. At a red light, we yell "One, two, one two three four! I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings!" I look over to the car next to us to see shocked girls.

We wave at them and sing to them until the light turn green. We roll the windows back up and turn the music down when we pull up to the parking lot of her penthouse. I grab my things and head inside with her. When we walk in, the lights turn on and little confetti poppers are popped "Surprise!" My friends yell as I drop my things.

I pout softly, trying my best not to cry from the excitement. They're all here! Taylor, Olive, Gigi, Selena, and Molly. I hug all of them and thank them for doing this with me. We pour some wine and put on a fun movie for background noise because we all talk over it. "We made you a cake," Molly says, getting up to go get it.

"So even though you're marrying Jack tomorrow we wanted you to know that we'll also be here forever. Or in other words, 'til death do us part.' and she shows me the cake.