Chapter 37

Josephine

I wake up a little anxious mainly because the reality of going public with my relationship has sunken in. The alcohol is gone and my nerves are at an all-time high. My album comes out tomorrow and that's incredibly nerve-wracking. I love it so much and I'm worried others won't. 

"Baby, I can feel your heart racing. What's wrong?" Jack mumbles into my neck, his hand rubbing soothing circles onto my chest. "I'm really anxious," I tell him, spitting out everything running through my head right now. Just telling him what's going on makes me feel a little better but I am in desperate need of that boat day he mentioned yesterday.

Jack and I head to the kitchen, pulling out all the ingredients for pancakes, knowing making food is cathartic for me. Jack sits on a stool, handing me what I need while showering me with sweet words. I crack the eggs open with one hand, shocking Jack. He wraps his arms around my waist, pressing his lips to my head as I stir the batter.

The mix starts sizzling on the pan as the boys run down the stairs. "Morning Lee, whatcha'-" Trevor stops in his tracks, looking at what I'm making before running up the stairs. "Coley! Coley, wake up! Lee is making breakfast for champions!" Trevor yells at the top of his lungs, making Jack and I laugh. 

We see a very tired Cole walk behind Trevor, rubbing his eyes to adjust to the light. "Look!" Trevor says pulling Cole's hands off his eyes before pointing at the plate with four pancakes on it. "Coley, Reggie Lee's daughter!" Trevor reminds his half-asleep friend. "Wait, I knew that, it just didn't sink in until right now." Cole laughs, taking the entire plate of pancakes to the table. 

I make enough to fill the boys and Mere up before making two for myself. "Can we have another boat day today?" Trevor asks, once again having a sense one of his friends isn't feeling good and this is what they needed. Everyone nods their heads, cleaning up the kitchen before going to their rooms to change. 

I change into a tan bikini, putting on some linen pants and an open button-up over it. We leave the house, making sure to lock it before heading down to the lake. Mere and I sit together in the back, I wrap my arms around her as I rest my head on her shoulder. "You alright, hon?" She asks softly a sigh against her. "Yeah, just nervous," I tell her as Jack reaches his hand back for me to hold. I intertwine my fingers with his, feeling better having my favorite people surrounding me. 

We get on the boat Mere sitting on Quinn's lap as he drives the boat around. Jack and I lay back enjoying the breeze and summer sun. When I open my eyes to see Trevor and Cole shuffling over towards me with a big grin on their faces. "Josie, we made you a drink as a thank you for breakfast," They make me uneasy with their smiles. "Just drink it," They tell me. 

I look at Jack, before sipping it, making a face when the poorly mixed drink makes its way down my throat. "Holy fuck guys!" I choke, handing my drink to Jack. He takes a sip out of it and widens his eyes. "Fun fact, never do this shit again," Jack wipes his mouth, handing the cup back to Cole. "Don't quit your day job, boys," I tell them, walking into the kitchen to help them mix a better drink. 

"You don't need a lot of alcohol to make a good drink," I tell them, making four drinks out of their drink. "Ahh, lesson learned." Cole nods his head, taking his drink back to the couch. I bring Jack his own cup, handing it to him as I cuddle up to him again. 

We play a game of truth or drink when Quinn comes and joins us. "Josie, the most interesting  person you've kissed!" Trevor asks me, making me think back to all the kisses I've had. "Don't be sappy and say, Jack." He says, quickly as I think over my response. "Prince Achileas-Andreas," I answer making everyone's jaw drop. "Prince?" Quinn slaps a hand over his mouth.