Chapter 39

A.N// Hi babes, there's a bit of a time jump from the last chapter to this one. Summer is over and the boys have split to go to training. The eras tour is about to start, and Josie will play a few shows before going to Europe for her tour and once that leg is over, she'll open a few more times, ending the tour with Taylor before starting her North America tour. If you'd like a chapter of things that happened between the last chapter and this please let me know and I'll write one soon! I love you!

Josephine

"You ready for tonight?" Taylor sneaks up on me, as I'm standing on the stage looking at every seat in this stadium. "Yeah, it's just nerve-wracking," I nervously laugh, walking off the stage with her. "Are you ready, it's opening night!" I smile, knowing I'm excited to watch her perform again. "Oh yeah, I've been ready. I miss this so much," She smiles looking at peace.

We talk the whole way to our dressing rooms talking about anything. Even though Taylor is like 10 years older than me she has such a mom energy that helps keep me cool. The same way Ellen and Julie do. Before training started Jack, Trevor, and I went up to see Trev's mom. She's the sweetest woman, showcasing all of Trevor's sweet qualities in a woman. 

"Are Jack and his friends coming tonight?" Taylor asks me, taking a sip of her water as we continue walking through the big building. "Yeah, their moms too," I smile big enough to make my cheeks hurt. "I'm glad you have that, I saw how the media was portraying you when you first started secretly dating Jack. I saw a lot of myself in you and got scared, but I'm glad you made it out." She smiles, hugging me before going into her room.

I skip to the room beside me, knocking softly waiting to hear a signal to come in. "Come in," She says before I turn the door knob to walk in. "Hey, Ollie!" I smile, closing the door before sitting down next to my fellow opener. "Hey Jos," she smiles softly, closing her computer and setting it on the floor.

When the news of who was opening for Taylor came out I made it my mission to befriend all of them, especially the ones who were opening with me. Olive and I connected the fastest, our vibes matching up the most. We hung out together before tour started so once we were together for a long time it wouldn't be awkward. But forget all of that now, we're such good friends. 

We sit in her room laughing and talking until Marj walks in, a phone to her ear looking incredibly stressed before saying, "Josie honey, time for makeup. Hi Ollie, have fun today!" She walks out, "Do you need your makeup done? So I wasn't speaking to you," She rolls her eyes at the man on the phone, making us giggle. 

I give her a hug wishing her good luck since after this I won't have time to see her until before she goes on stage, and when I see her then I'll wish her some more luck. Like Trevor said that day we were on the boat, 'We need all the support we can get!' 

I sit in my chair, with my eyes closed, as the makeup artist Stassie brushes some shimmery shadow onto my lids. "Are you changing into a different outfit after your set?" She asks me and I hum a yes, since I can't move my head. "Yeah, every night I open I'll change into a different era for her concert. Tonight I'm doing folklore and I'm wearing a silver dress, very mirrorbally." I laugh.

Once my hair and makeup are done I change into my outfit for my set. I wear a long white dress with some flats because there's no way I'm going to trip and eat shit on stage. My nerves start settling in, making my stomach hurt. I take deep breaths in as Marj walks with me to the stage. I wish Jack could've been here to hug me before getting on stage, but it's alright I'll just find him in the crowd. 

Fuck I don't even know what he's wearing. We didn't talk about it. The intro to my set starts, I roll my head back and forth before walking up the catwalk a few girls standing from their seats waving at me. I wave back, blowing kisses in their direction before getting behind the curtain. I amp myself up, jumping up and down getting all my nerves out before stepping on.