Chapter 48

Josephine

On our plane ride home I shared my feelings about going back home alone. Jack pulled me into his chest, running his finger through my hair, and kissing my temples as he came up with a solution. "Why don't you just move in with me? We basically live together because we can't sleep without the other, so just officially move in with me." He says, making me sit up in our seat.

"If you want, we can move into my penthouse for the meantime but start looking for a house for the two of us, and Theo." He says, making my heart grow fifteen sizes. He knows how Theo sometimes sleeps over when he's having a rough time and needs an escape, or just wants to hang out. I wrap my arms around him, nodding my head over and over again.

"I'd love to move in with you," I whisper, before pulling away to see the big dopey smile on his face. He gives me a look that's hard to read but I can only interpret it as being lovesick. He puckers his lips, wanting me to lean in and kiss him. "You're so cute," I say in between kisses. 

Since being back in the States, it's been yet another adjustment, but the minute we got home we hit the ground running, wanting to pack everything and put it in boxes. I started with Theo's room, packing all of his belongings into a few boxes, and sending Jack, Trevor, and Luke off to put them in a storage unit.

I head to the bathroom to toss out random, or easily replaceable products when I hear the boys knock on the door. Jack must've forgotten his key, it's fine though he won't need it for much longer. I press my hands on the counter to push myself up as I head to the door. "You forgot your key, baby?" I ask as I open the door, being met with someone I no longer call baby.

I try slamming the door on his face but unfortunately, my strength is no match for him. He swings the door open, causing me to fall up against the wall as he shuts the door harshly. The vicious look on his face makes me want to crawl into a hole and never see his face again. I pick myself up off the floor, backing away from him trying to get into any room with a window so I can run away. 

He follows me into my room where he starts his rant, "You are such a fucking bitch, Josephine, I told you not to tell anyone, and you go and get the cops involved!" He yells at me, turning red in the face. "After I leave ask Jamie Drysdale how his arm is! I told you Josephine your actions have consequences." He starts pacing around the room.

Fuck, Jamie. Fuck, fuck, fuck! 

Tears start building up in my eyes thinking about how the season just started and because of me, Jamie is hurt. "Your boyfriend and all of his friend's careers will be done because of you and your big stupid mouth!" He looks me dead in the eyes with the coldest expression I'm afraid I'll get frostbite. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I cry but not to him, to Jamie. I wish I could go back in time and stayed quiet. Jamie wouldn't be hurt right now if I just shut my fucking mouth. The sound of my sobs seem to drive Brendan away because he walks out of my room, but I stay in the corner unable to move. I pull my knees into my heaving chest, my rapid breathing and now stuffy nose make it hard for me to breathe. I start feeling like I'm drowning, suffocating myself with my own emotions. I start having a panic attack, wishing and praying for Jack to come home and help me. 

I'm not sure how long it's been but he walks back into the room, I look up to see him yelling at me. I have no clue what he's saying though, I'm so caught up in trying to breathe and calm myself down I can only see his mouth moving but nothing is coming out. Which is honestly for the best. I tuck my head back into the space between my chest and knees, hoping he'll leave again if I just don't pay attention. 

He grabs me by the hair, slamming my head into the wall behind me. As if the hit to the head censored my hearing everything comes back to me with some ringing behind it. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you!" He's fuming, smacking me right across the face. The ringing in my head, along with the smack to the face put me back into a panicked trance.