Chapter 56

Josephine

 We're all moved in now, with the help of our family and friends, all of them stopped by at least once to get a look at the house while also lending a hand. Once we were all settled in I finally invited my dad over for dinner with him and Theo. 

Tonight we're making my dad's favorite Fettuccine Alfredo, but every time I mutter those words Jack starts giggling. "What's so funny?" I ask finally getting frustrated with not understanding what could be so funny about the words 'Fettuccine  Alfredo'. "Am I saying it wrong?" I ask, throwing my hands up in the air when he still won't tell me. 

"You have to just see the video," He says and pulls out his phone. He clicks on youtube, searches for the USA NTDP youtube page, and looks for a video from five years ago. When he finds it he clicks on it and apologizes for how dry the video is looking back at it. He skips through a portion of it before he and Trevor pop up on the screen. 

"You two were babies, oh my god look at your little faces," I say, looking back at him and pinching his cheeks. "What do Italians eat on Halloween?" Jack ask. "What?" Trevor responds. "Fettuccine Afraido," He can barely say because he's dying laughing. I chuckle softly, finding Jack and Trevor's reaction to the jokes funnier than the joke itself. 

"You had to be there," Jack clears his throat, putting his phone back in his pocket, shaking his head. I chuckle again, as he watches me stir the ingredients together. With his chin on my shoulder, he stares at me waiting for me to turn. I don't turn until I feel his arms snake around my waist and pull me closer. I hum when I feel him pressed against me loving the way he feels when he's closer to me.

"Can I ask you a question?" He rests his cheek on my shoulder. I nod gently, kissing his nose softly before wiping my hands on the towel. "How many kids do you want?" He asks, rubbing soft circles into my stomach. "A few, maybe three, wouldn't mind four," I answer, loving the idea of having a bigger family. "Why how many would you like?" I giggle, turning around in his hold. "As many as you'll give me. It's your body." He responds perfectly. 

I press my lips on his and whisper, "You're perfect," I smile, rubbing the same soothing circles he's now rubbing into the small of my back but into his neck. "Are you excited to be my wife?" He giggles against my lips, the kind of laugh he'd never hear the end of if he did it in front of his friends. "Very, I feel like I've been waiting a hundred years." I chuckle, swaying back and forth with him. "But, I'd wait a million more if I had to," I add on.

"Should we practice how we'll dance?" He asks, pulling away from me to grab onto my hand and twirl me into his arms. Romantic. Swoon-worthy. Should I go on? "Yes, I love dancing with you," I take his hand lifting it as my other hand holds onto his arm "Pretend we have a whole crowd," I joke, as he slow dances with me to whatever music is on right now. 

We already picked out our song for our first dance. We decided on no Taylor because she'll be there and that might be a little awkward. But it's one of the first songs we ever slow danced to when Mark was teaching him. The first time he would step on my toes a lot and had no idea how to lead, but now we flow together beautifully and you would've never thought he didn't know at one point. 

"Another question," Jack starts, making me giggle with all the questions he's asking me today. "So you know how growing up we had like home videos," He starts and I nod to let him know I'm following. "Would you want to do that? Like make home videos of you pregnant, til they're like a little older, then we can stop." He asks, spinning me around and back into his arms.

"Wait, I'd love that so much," I answer, making him smile. "Good, because it'll mainly be for me. The other day I was just daydreaming and then I thought about your stomach growing with our baby, and then about those babies growing. And it made me sick, I already have so much love for the thought of our kids, I just feel like I wouldn't want them to grow up." He says sweetly.