1

One day, my best friend Sophia came over to my apartment for some lunch and to watch a movie.

We were sitting in the living room, picking a movie to watch. Then all of the sudden, she brought up about how her boyfriend, also known as Kai Havertz, has an important match tomorrow against Dortmund. She was begging me to come fly over with her to watch the game since she had an extra ticket, but I refused.

"Come on, Nora! It'll be fun!" she begged, folding her hands together. "It's just a regular football game."

"I know, but I'm literally not a Chelsea fan," I explained. "I've been a Man City girl ever since I was 7. It would be weird if I cheered for a team I don't even like."

"Why do you hate them so much?"

I shrugged. "I don't know! Maybe because they beat my favorite team in the Champions League in 2021!?"

Sophia pointed at me, understanding what I said. "Gotcha, but can you just go? You don't need to cheer. I just really want you to experience this with me. Sitting alone in the stands is really—"

"Mate, you're literally not alone. There's like thousands of people," I clarified. "It's a Champion's League game."

She scoffed, "Whatever! But can you please come with me?"

I rolled my eyes at her, being a little annoyed. "Whatever, maybe I can. I know damn well Chelsea's losing though."

She got up from the couch started cheering. "EEEEKKK!! We're going to have so much fun!"

"Don't get too excited," I laughed. "They're probably going to lose so badly."

She did an eyeroll at me, giving me an unpleasing glare, "Maybe I can prove you wrong somehow."

"How exactly?"

"Maybe I can try to pay the ref..."

I clapped in her face. "GIRL."

"I'm joking I swear!"

"Mhm..."

___________

Two days later, we went on a plane to fly over to Germany for the Chelsea vs Dortmund game in the UCL. The match was tomorrow, we flew the day before so we could have a whole day to settle themselves.

The flight wasn't that long, only for about an hour and a half. I was just listening to music while Sophia fell asleep on my shoulder. I felt a small portion of drool come out of her mouth, dripping onto my sleeves.

Once we finally landed, I kept moving my shoulder so she could wake up.

"Wake the fuck up Soph," I whispered.

She awoke. "We're here already?" she asked in a tiring voice.

"Yes, you fell asleep on me for the entire duration of the flight!" I explained, yelling at her.

"Oh," she mumbled, then let out a yawn. "Ugh, I'm so tired."

After she complained, we disembarked the plane and rolled our luggages along the inclined floor. Soon after, we paid for a rental car and then drove over to the hotel.

When we got to the hotel, we claimed our keys from the receptionist. Apparently this was the same hotel the Chelsea team was staying at.

"Room 365," the receptionist says, then gives us the key.

We walked over to the elevator which lifted us to the third level.

We walked to the door which said "365" and unlocked it. When we went inside, we placed our bags down.

We both sat down on the bed.

"I'm so tired," Sophia complained once again.

"You'll live," I sighed.

All of the sudden, I heard Sophia's phone buzz.

She picks up her phone and says, "Oh, it's Kai."

"What did he say?" I asked curiously.

"Wir gehen heute Abend essen, du und Nora könnt kommen, wenn ihr wollt!"

I let out a sigh and then said, "Girl, I don't speak German unlike you."

"Oh sorry," she apologized. "He said, 'We're going out for dinner tonight, you and Nora can come if you want!'"

"I mean, I guess we can. What else would we eat?"

She nodded her head and started typing. "I agree," she said, smiling. "I said, 'Omg yesss!!! We are for sure going!'"

"By the way, who's going?" I questioned, genuinely wanting to know.

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm guessing it's with the team, not sure though. I hope it is."

"It's going to be awkward, I already know it," I admitted.

"How so?"

"Maybe because I'm a Man City fan??"

"Don't bring it up then, just... stay silent."

"Also the only person I know from there like personally is Kai, only because he's your boyfriend and we've interacted many times. It's gonna be so awkward like... I know some other players, but not personally."

"Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. I'm sure some of the boys would love to meet you!"

I nodded my head unsurely, trying to agree to what she was telling me. I knew if I brought up my Man City obsession, it would cause chaos, especially because Chelsea absolutely crushed them in the UCL finals a few years ago. That was very embarrassing.