3

(a/n: leng is british slang for very attractive)

It was the next morning. I woke up on the hotel bed, hearing an alarm go off, I think it was Soph's. It was 8:00 already, the breakfast was being served downstairs until 10:00.

Sophia had awoken a few seconds after the alarm went off. "Ugh, I'm so tired," she complained.

"What time did you sleep?" I asked her curiously.

"Like normal time, 11pm."

I sighed. "Get used to it if it's your normal time to sleep. You gotta stop complaining so much."

"Sorry Nor, I'm just so exhausted!"

"Whatever," I mumbled. "I'm gonna get dressed and go downstairs to eat some breakfast. You coming with?"

"Nah, I'll stay here for 30 more minutes," she answered. "I'm just so—"

"Tired? I know that already," I cut her off, already knowing that she was going to say.

"Whatever, go get your food," she said tiredly, letting out another yawn.

I headed downstairs to the lobby where they were serving breakfast. There were pancakes, waffles, and cereal. I wasn't really in the mood for pancakes and waffles so I grabbed a bowl of cereal.

I sat down at a table that was vacant. I didn't mind being alone, it was very peaceful.

All of the sudden, I hear a few men whispering behind me. They were trying  to be secretive and sly, but I could easily overhear what they were saying.

One of them said, "Isn't that Sophia's best friend?" Hell yeah, but how did they know me?

I heard another one had said, "Yeah, I barely know her ass though." Then he said in a weird, but also funny high-pitched voice, "She's so leng!"

That's when I turned around, and what the fuck.

"What the hell," I mumbled to myself, shocked.

There they were, it was Chilly and this other guy, pretty sure his name was Conor.

"I'm sorry for sneaking up on you," Chilly apologized. "I just recognized you and—"

"Now what I really want to know is which one of you called me leng?"

The two boys stood there, turned their heads and gave a suspicious look at each other. Chilly raised his eyebrow, then Conor raised his eyebrow. I'm actually so confused.

"Take it as a compliment," Chilly explained, not saying who said it.

"It was Chilly who said it," Conor blurted, completely calling out Chilly.

"CONOR!" he yelled. "I was lit mocking someone."

"Oh, right," he murmured in realization. "It's true, he was mocking someone we both knew. He told me shit someone said and now we're making a fool of him."

I nod my head, trying to understand. "I'm not really comprehending. Please explain."

Chilly sighed and said, "Someone we know called you leng so we like mimicked them once we saw you."

This scenario seemed fake but sincere at the same time. Why would I believe them though? I barely even know them. I never met Conor before, but I just met Ben yesterday.

"Oh, I get it now. I'm not 100% sure if I should just believe you or..."

"Believe us," Conor said. "Trust us mate."

I rolled both my eyes at them. "Fine," I grunted, feeling a bit annoyed. "I'll trust."

Both of them sighed in relief. I was wondering in my mind who this person they were mocking was. It was such a dumb thought, but I was still genuinely curious.

"One thing though," I said. "Who was it?"

Chilly sighed, "We cannot say."

Conor nodded his head and agreed, "Yeah, he doesn't want anyone to know." He started to laugh and then said in a high-pitched voice, "She's so leng!"

"We're gonna go back to our tables now. Enjoy your cereal Nora," Chilly said, waving goodbye.

I waved back and replied, "Good luck tonight by the way."

"Thanks," they both thanked in unison and then walked back to the table with their breakfast on it.

What the fuck, I thought in my head. Who would think I'm leng?