34

After the game, Sophia and I headed back to the hotel and settled down, resting. Around 10 minutes pass and I realize I should do what I had promised Mase. Therefore, I stood up and told Sophia, "I'm going to Mase's hotel room," and started heading over to his room which was 2 levels above.

Once I got to his door, I knocked one or two times— trying to fight the urge to knock like Anna from Frozen.

Mason opened the door, smiling very happily. "Hey," he greeted, giving me a hug. "I missed you."

"Missed you way more," I replied.

A few feet behind him was Ben, who was standing by the bathroom door eavesdropping on our conversation.

"Get a room," he commented in a disgusted tone. "Nora, why are you here anyway?"

I looked directly at Chilly in the eyes, squinting my own. "Am I not allowed to say goodnight to my boyfriend?" I sneered. "Cartia would appreciate it if you would do that for her."

"She's not even in Madrid right now you dumbass," he said back, defending her. "I FaceTime her every single day I don't get to see her— like when I'm away. Don't even assume things."

I sighed, "Yeah... okay..."

"Do you want to come in?" Mason asked. "Ben's boring to talk to... getting a bit old."

Ben looked offended. "What did I do?"

He started laughing, "Chill out Chilwell, I was joking."

"Okay, sure," he mumbled.

We both sat on the bed next to Ben, starting up a whole new conversation.

"I saw the shit on Twitter..." I mentioned out of the blue, directing it to the backlash Chilly had gotten due to the red card. "I hope you're okay."

"I didn't know you would care," he murmured. "You just seem like the person who like... hates me."

"Why would I hate you?" I asked. "I mean, you're the one who always like targets me."

"I'm sorry for that," he apologized. "It came out wrong."

"It's fine," I mumbled.

Mason sighed, "Chilly, you'll be okay. It's just a card."

"Just a card Mason?" he chuckled, glaring at him in a not-so-friendly way. "I'm missing the next leg because of it... fans are so mad at me and I'm mad at myself. At least I'm loyal enough to stay for another 2 years especially with the team in a terrible form."

"Was that directed to me?" he asked.

He nodded his head. "Yeah? Who else? Literally all I hear about is that you want to leave Chels so badly, maybe even to a rival club like Man U— even worse being Liverpool."

"It's my decision, not yours..."

"Even you girlfriend won't be happy with Man U, she's a City fan!"

I looked up at Mase, almost teary-eyed. "Are you seriously leaving? The rumors are true?"

"Nora, I..."

"So after everything that happened, the fact you said this club is in your blood— you're just going to leave after one bad season?"

"Nothing's been confirmed yet, Chilly's just being a bitch again because he got a red."

"Just a card you said," Ben reminded him, his eyeballs almost popping out. "No big deal, am I right?"

Mason shook his head. "Can we change the subject?"

I stood up from the bed and said to them, "I'm going to head back now... um... please be good."

Mason stood up and hugged me once more. "I love you, remember that," he whispered in my ear.

I didn't say anything back, I kinda just wanted to stay silent after that little mishap between him and Chilly. They're best mates, they'll get through this.

We pulled away and I turned around to walk out the door, back to my hotel room.

Once I got back, Sophia asked me, "What happened? Your eyes look... watery?"

"Mase and Chilly got into a fight," I explained. "And apparently Mase wants to leave Chelsea, the club that gave him everything."

"Wow..." she mumbled in shock. "Heard so many rumors, did he confirm?"

"Didn't deny..."

"Why do you suddenly care about this club?" she questioned. "No shame, just genuinely curious because you're emotional right now."

"He made me love the club as much as he used to," I explained. "It's a really dumb thing to be emotional about, but I really don't want to see him leave a club I always saw him in."

"I mean, that's how football is," she said. "People need to move on for the sake of their career."

"But it hits different— because it's him..."

"You'll get over it... soon enough..." she tried to comfort.

"I should've never fallen in love with a footballer," I confessed. "I didn't realize how this could be..."

"You love him though," she said, patting my shoulder. "I see sparks fly whenever you two are with each other..."

"Whatever," I mumbled, walking away to my bed— laying down. "I just wanna rest now."

.
____
.

Once Nora left the room, I felt completely drained. It's like someone just ripped out my heart. I turned over to Chilly and said, "I can't believe you would say all that shit... I thought we were best mates."

Ben sighed, "I'm really sorry." He stood up and patted my shoulder. "I don't know what the fuck was going through my mind like I'm just pissed at myself... no idea why I decided to put it on other people."

"Yeah, please be sorry... but you're lucky you're one of my best mates, and I forgive you. On the other hand, I think we pissed Nora off."

"What?" he questioned. "How?"

"She didn't say anything when I hugged her... crazy mood swing."

"How about worry about it in the morning, and just don't worry about it right now?" he suggested. "It's really late anyway and I think we should sleep."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah, I think so too."