14

It was the next day, almost 1 pm. I had already gotten myself ready. I wore sweatpants and a white cropped shirt, something comfortable. I waited for Mase's text of him saying he's outside waiting for me.

Once he did, I walked out of my apartment building and got into his car.

"Hey," I said awkwardly, buckling my seatbelt. "How are you?"

"I'm good, you?" he nodded.

"I'm fine," I said, then adjusting the radio volume up by 2. It was playing Lavender Haze by Taylor Swift. "I love this song."

Mason drove off and then replied back to me, "I hear it all the time on the radio, it's actually a good song."

"Every song by Taylor is a good song," I chuckled, spitting out the facts. "Can't tell me I'm wrong."

He surprisingly agreed with me, this guy is a whole green flag— I'm about to go feral.

"What's your favorite song by her?" he asks.

I thought about it for a moment, it was such a hard decision. "There's so many, it's hard to choose! My top favorites are probably Cornelia Street, Dress, or Clean."

"Mine is probably Love Story," he says, smiling.

"Basic answer, but good song though," I teased.

"You should get me to listen to her more," he suggested. "Maybe you should make me a playlist with all your favorite songs by her so I can play them on repeat."

I started blushing, but Taylor would say, "The burgundy on my t-shirt when you splashed your wine into me and how the blood rushed into my cheeks, so scarlet, it was maroon." God, I love Maroon.

"Bet I will," I said, nodding my head. "The playlist would be many hours long."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever you want."

After that, we both continued to listen to the songs that were playing on the radio. From "Ghost" by Justin Bieber to "Toxic" by Britney Spears, you'd never know what would play next due to the unpredictable variety.

A couple of minutes passed by and we finally arrived to Mason's house. We both got out of the car and he unlocked the front door.

As we entered the house, I was amazed on how nice it was.

"This is a nice place," I complimented. "Better than my tiny ass apartment."

"Thanks, but I'm sure your apartment is as nice too," he says, widening the contagious smile on his face.

I smiled back and asked, "So, what did you want to do?"

"You wanna watch a movie or something?" he asked.

"Yeah sure," I said, nodding my head.

He led me to his living room and we sat on his couch. He grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

"So, uh, what movie do you wanna watch?" he asked, scrolling through the apps on the TV.

"Hmm... 10 Things I Hate About You? It's on Disney+, I love that movie so much," I suggested, explaining my reasoning.

So then, he went onto Disney+ and pulled up the movie I recommended. "I've seen this before," he said. "Don't remember much though."

He pressed play on the remote. We both were sitting right next to each other, watching the screen as the movie started.

A few minutes into the movie, my head accidentally started tiltling over, laying on his shoulder. Surprisingly, he laid his head on top of mine. We both didn't say a word, we just felt comfortable in that position.