35

I woke up the next morning to Sophia waking me up, telling me how much my phone had been going off without me even noticing.

I checked the notifications I had, they were all just from Mason and Ben, such a coincidence. I held down to the unopened messages from Mase on iMessage, seeing that they say, "Are you mad at me?" and "I'm so sorry for whatever the fuck happened, I need to know if you're okay, I love you." Fuck, it's too early for this. I didn't even dare to look at Chilly's message.

"What was it?" Sophia asked me while fixing her hair in the bathroom.

I turned my phone off, then started heading over to the bathroom. "It's not important," I lied. "It's just like— good morning!"

It really was important, he thinks I'm mad at him, but truely, I'm really not. I just want to give him space— especially after what happened with Chilly. The whole argument was so dumb, but it just hit different since they're best mates.

"Yeah... okay..." Sophia mumbled. "I'm going to go downstairs to eat some breakfast, should I wait for you?"

"No, it's fine... I'm just trying to prep myself first," I said, letting her go downstairs to the main lobby. "Just, save a spot for me please."

"Gotcha," she nodded, then exited the hotel room to head down to the lobby.

.
___
.

In the morning, Ben, Kai, Christian, and I headed down to the lobby for some breakfast. While eating, I told them everything that happened last night— Chilly was fine with it.

As I explained, Christian pointed something out.

"Sophia's down here... stop talking about Nora right now," he pointed.

"Fuck," I mumbled. "She might come down since she's here."

"I don't think Nora's mad at you, Mase," Kai tried to comfort. "It's just probably because she wants to give you and Chilly space to make up."

"And make out," Christian added. "Wait, that doesn't make sense."

"Someone ask Soph if Nora said anything," I begged. "Please."

Ben rolled his eyes and said, "Why can't you do it? Don't be a pussy."

"Whatever," I groaned, standing up. "I'm desperate for answers..."

I approached Sophia, who had just gotten her food— sitting down at a table across the room. My hands were shaking, I don't know why.

"Hey Soph," I greeted. "How are you?"

"Good... um... how about you?" she answered awkwardly.

"Um, I'm fine, just a quick question..."

She rolled her eyes at me, then scoffed, "What now? This about Nora?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, is she mad at me? She didn't answer any of my texts..."

"She told me the texts aren't important, and—"

I cut her off, "So, she doesn't care?"

"About what?" she asked.

"About what I said?"

She shook her head. "It seems irrelevant to her, from what she told me... I mean, it's a normal text."