27

For the next week, nothing too interesting happened. The England National Football team won both of the Euro Qualifer matches against Italy and Ukraine. Meanwhile, I had to workout at the gym and attend multiple auditions for commercials.

I ended up getting the role for a Clorox commercial, very unexpected, but I can tolerate it.

I was too busy for the week, I barely had enough free time. When I did have free time, I would probably FaceTime Sophia since she's still in Germany.

Fast forward to the end of the next week, Sophia finally came back from Germany and came over to my apartment.

She walked through the doorframe. "Hi!" she greeted, opening her arms to hug me. "I missed you so much!"

I hugged her back and said, "I missed you lots too, how was Germany?"

"Missed it there," she answered, pulling away. "I got to see some old places I used to go to, and the national team won the friendlies!"

"That's nice, but they're just friendlies..."

"I know," she sighed, rolling her eyes. "Still proud of Kai, as always though."

"As you should, honestly."

She walked over to the kitchen and faced me saying, "So, did anything happen while I was gone that you never told me?"

"Not really," I replied, shaking my head. "I did model shit, that's pretty much it."

"Oh," she mumbled. "I wanted to hear about your love life."

"Nothing new," I said without hesitation. "Nothing new."

She nodded her head. "Mhm," she mumbled. She grabbed a bag of crisps from the pantry and asked, "Can I eat this?"

"I don't care," I shrugged.

Therefore, she began crunching the chips from the bag and continuously talked to me. "Did you tell anyone else yet about you and Mason?"

I shook my head. "No, we didn't..."

"You really should tell the team, some suspect it already... that's what Kai told me when they told Pulisic," she explained. "They told Declan too I'm pretty sure, Chilly told me that."

"Yeah, Chilly snitched and told Dec on a call," I added. "Mase and I were also in the call."

She started to laugh a little bit. "Same old Ben."

"He sucks at keeping secrets."

"I mean, I've been seeing so many stuff on those Nora Turner and Mason Mount update fan pages," she said, eating a crisp. "I've seen ship edits of you two too."

"Oh lord," I sighed. "Where did you find them?"

"TikTok, most of them are from the user... noramount— I think?"

I pulled out my phone and searched up the user. I browsed through their entire account. It was mostly edits of me, some were Mason and me together.

"Woah," I chuckled, watching an edit of myself with the song "West Coast" by Lana Del Rey. "I'm hot."

Sophia let out a little giggle and agreed with me, "You're so right, so leng."

When she called me leng, I had a sudden memory from Germany... when Chilly and Conor came up to me— supposedly teasing Mason for calling me leng.

"That reminds me of something," I pointed out.

"What?" she asked.

"Something that happened in Germany like last month..."