19

Later on in the day, Mason knocked on my apartment door.

"Who is it?" I asked, even though I knew it was him.

"Your favorite footballer!"

I laughed and then opened the door. "You don't look like Erling Haaland to me."

He walked through the door frame and closed the door, locking it. "Damn, you like Haaland more than me?"

I sighed, "As a friend, obviously I love you more. I never talked to Haaland."

"But as a footballer," he says. "Who would you prefer?"

"Haaland, look at the statistics!" I yelled out, walking over to my bedroom.

I could feel his footsteps coming through my pathway, his voice saying to me, "I'm a future Chelsea legend, Haaland is just... wait I can't lie, he's really good."

I turned my head facing him for one second. "Exactly!" I yelled, then turning my head back around.

I sat on my bed, and so did Mason.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Mason asked me.

I thought for a moment, why did I even ask him to hang out even though I have no idea what to do?

"We can make a playlist," I suggested. "Remember two days ago when you asked me to make a Taylor Swift playlist for you?"

"Oh my god, yeah!"

I opened up Spotify on my phone. I created a new playlist and named it, "Taylor solos everyone."

"Love the name," he complimented, laughing.

I laughed along as well. "Yeah, thanks. Anyways..."

He tapped on my arm. "Wait, can we listen to the songs before adding it to our playlist? I just wanna like take a quick listen."

"Yeah of course," I said. "The one I'm gonna play right now is called, 'Call It What You Want."

I started to play the song, we both stayed silent and listened to the lyrics. I could tell he enjoyed it, I saw the slightly wide smile on his face, his head bobbing to the rhythm.

Once the song ended, I asked what he thought about it. If he liked it, I would add it to my playlist.

"I loved it," he said in an amazed tone. "The lyrics were so—"

"Great?" I cut him off. "Yeah, I know. It's literally Taylor Swift."

"Play more songs please," he begged. "I'm actually enjoying this."

So then, I played around 20 more songs for the next hour. He loved all of them surprisingly, so I added them to the "Taylor solos everyone" playlist.

I played songs like Cornelia Street and Dress, my top favorite songs by Taylor.

"Do you think that's enough songs for now?" he asked me, knowing he sat down on my bed for the past hour just listening to Taylor Swift songs.

"Probably," I said. "Which one was your favorite?"

Mason thought for a few seconds, having a difficultly of just choosing one song. "Probably 'New Romantics', it's just so happy."

"I'll send the playlist to you later," I said, turning off my phone. "Also, I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Is it true that you're going to transfer to Liverpool over the summer?" I asked. "I'm just curious since I've seen too many rumors about it."