31

Three days had passed and it was finally my birthday! I had received so many birthday wishes and so many stories posted about me for my birthday.

My personal favorite just had to be Mason's story, it was really heartwarming.

It had said, "Happy birthday to the best girl in the entire world! I'm so grateful to have you in my life!! Love you lots, hope you have the best b-day ever!💙" with a picture of a BeReal we took while hanging out this one time... oh the memories (not even a month ago).

I checked the messages Sophia had sent me, she said that she's going to take me somewhere for lunch... hope it's good. She told me to wear something decent, not too fancy, but just decent. So, I was wearing jeans and a cardigan.

At around noon, she picked me up and then we drove to the restaurant that she wanted to go to. She handed me the aux and I started playing that one Taylor Swift playlist, it's an unhealthy habit.

Once we got there, she took me over to one of those private or party rooms, which got me so confused. We walked through the doors and then I heard several voices yelling, "SURPRISE!"

There were like 10 people there... I saw: Kai, Mason, Chilly, Mateo, Izabel, Joao, Magui, Christian, Reece, and my childhood friend that I lost touch with named Isla.

I was so shocked, my hands were covering my mouth. There was decorations all over the room, it was absolutely beautiful.

"Oh my god!" I said. "You guys did this for me?"

"It's your birthday, so... we had to!" Izabel had said, widening her arms to give me a hug.

Once we let go of each other, she handed me her gift for me. "Here's your gift!" she cheered.

"Thank you so much, Iz," I thanked. "Can we just pile all the gifts up in the corner, or something?"

After I had said that, they all started placing their gifts in the corner of the room.

Then, I walked over to Isla and greeted her. "Long time no see, I missed you!" I said, giving her a hug, then pulled away.

"Missed you so much, glad to see you again!" she mumbled. "Please, let's have plans for the future."

"Bet," I smiled.

Suddenly, I felt someone hugging me from behind. I turned around, and as expected, it was Mason.

"Happy birthday," he whispered, smiling like crazy.

I chuckled, "Thank you so much, love the BeReal you posted on your story by the way."

He started to laugh, "One of the best BeReals ever taken." Then, he turned my head to lean in for a small kiss on the lip.

Isla stood there awkwardly and then said, "I'm gonna leave you two alone for a bit... I'm gonna talk to Soph." That's when she started walking away.

I turned over to face Mase. "You really made her walk away?" I asked.

"Nora, it wasn't on purpose, I just love you so much I can't even resist keeping it secret..."

I nodded my head and joked, "Nice cover up, did you google that?"

"Shut up," he chuckled, letting go of me.

The speakers were finally set up, and Christian started playing his country playlist (I hate country so much).

"Do you mind asking Puli to play something else?" I asked Mase. "Country ain't it."

"Gotcha," he said, then started heading over to Christian.

I walked away from him and approached Sophia who was helping the workers get the food organized while talking to Isla at the same time.