16

The next day was match day, the UCL game against Dortmund. I was scared to watch this match with Soph, I was afraid Chelsea would humilate themselves on the pitch.

I was about text Mason "good luck", but I remembered that he's not fit enough to play just yet. I hope he gets better soon, and hopefully when he is he will get some playing time.

Anyways, Sophia and I agreed to just meet each other up at Stamford Bridge later that night. I drove myself to there, seeing blue and yellow figures walking around, mostly blue.

I met up Soph outside of Stamford Bridge, or atleast tried to. Some Chelsea fans walked up to me and asked for a picture, kinda crazy since that like never happens. One of them asked me if the rumors of me dating a Chelsea player was true, it wasn't.

Once I finally saw Sophia and met up with her, we headed inside the stadium. The match was about to start in 20 minutes, we saw the boys warming up on the pitch.

We were sitting down in our seats, watching them as they did warm-ups. They looked so ready for the game, I have some hope for them today. I mean, this is Dortmund, not Leeds— we have a lesser chance of winning.

I really hope Chelsea wins today, I mean atleast get 1 goal, 2 would be better since that's what we need to clench our spot for the quarter finals.

Many minutes later, it was almost kickoff. I sat there impatiently, very nervously as well. I didn't want them to get knocked out of the UCL. Because if they did, they won't qualify for the UCL next year since they're in 10th in the premier league.

The match started, and damn, in the first 5 minutes, Julian Brandt is subbed out do to him limping. Gio Reyna goes in for him, love that American.

There was a free kick attempt later on made by Reus, which almost got into the goal. Luckily, it was saved by our wonderful goalkeeper Kepa.

About 10 minutes later, the crowd roars in disappointment as Kai Havertz's shot hits the post. It was so close, we had a chance!

Another 10 minutes passed and Kai scored! Sadly, it didn't count. Everyone was cheering for about a few seconds, then just stopped after it was disallowed.

At the 41st minute, a yellow card is given to someone on Dortmund.

About two minutes later, Sterling took a shot at the goal and blasted the ball into the net. At first, he couldn't really kick it in, but second time is the charm I guess? Unexpected goal from that moment, but very proud. The crowd roars once again, all of them being happier than ever.

At halftime, it was 1-0 with Chelsea in the lead, but 1-1 on aggregate with both tied at the moment. I'm praying that Chelsea makes another goal, we need it— I'm terribly desperate.

The 2nd half started, and not even 5 minutes in a handball was called off of Wolf's arm. This made us get a penalty kick!

Kai was taking the kick, I looked beside me and saw Sophia folding her hands together, praying. Can't blame her, I prayed in my mind.

He missed it, he hits the post and it bounced back. Ah shit man.

2 minutes later, a penalty retake is called for Chelsea. Sophia covered her eyes, afraid to even look. Meanwhile, my eyes were glued to the pitch. I was so focused on the kick.

Havertz gets ready to take it, then BOOM! He shot the ball into the goal like a shooting star. Sophia and I cheered as loud as we could, we hugged each other due to our happiness.

The stadium was filled with noise as the score moves up to 2-0, Chelsea in the lead.

About 5 minutes later, Jude Bellingham gets a chance to shoot onto the goal. The shot was too wide, that was a goal Dortmund needed.

At the 65th minute, out of surprise, Kepa receives a yellow card for wasting time on taking too long with the goal-kick. In the same minute, he saves a shot made by Dortmund. That was a nice one!

At the 76tg minute, we could've had another chance on the goal, but Sterling was called for offsides.

In the next minutes, many substitutions were made. Oh wow, no one told me that Pulisic was back. He was going in for Kovacic.

During the stoppage time, Chilly receives a yellow card for getting a quarrel with Wolf. Turns out, Wolk also got one for his part of the quarrel.

More yellows came, which for Cucurella and Jude Bellingham. This referee giving out yellow cards like candy!

Then the whistle blew, did the match end? It did! Chelsea had just beat Dortmund 2-1 on aggregate and are moving to the next round of the Champions League!

I was cheering along with Sophia, both of us were so damn happy. I don't remember feeling this happy before, not even with Man City. I just feel so proud of Chelsea, I can't believe I actually like them now after my past years of despising them.