26

That night, my parents told me that they were going to move back to Manchester and live in a small apartment. They were generous enough to hand me a few thousand dollars for my living, I refused to take it, but they gave it anyway.

I looked around my small apartment thinking, maybe Mason was right, maybe I should move out of here.

He was still at my place even after my parents left to go back to their house.

I told him, "I should really move out of here."

"And live where?" he asked. "Manchester with your parents?"

I shook my head. "No, I really don't wanna be stuck with them."

"Where then?" he asked once again.

"Maybe a house somewhere, maybe I can move in with Sophia... oh shit probably not that."

"Well, if you're looking for a new place to stay, I'll alsays have a place for you in my house," he said, suddenly smiling.

I chuckled, "Wow, um okay. I need to think about shit first."

"Gotcha."

I went over to my room and Mason was following my footsteps without me being aware.

I turned my back, I was startled to see him behind me. "Why are you following me?" I asked.

"I don't know, I need company," he said.

I sighed, "Oh, what the fuck..."

I fixed my bed, so it wasn't messy. For some reason I didn't fix my bed, but I ended up cleaning the whole apartment.

"Yeah, sorry I couldn't fix your bed when I was dusting your room," Mason apologized. "I didn't know how you wanted it set up."

I folded my blanket. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

"Yeah, okay."

Once I was done fixing my bed, I asked him out of curiosity, "Just a question, but when are you going back to your place?"

He shrugged. "Do you want me to leave?"

"I don't really care," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'll stay then, spend the night with you."

I laughed a little bit, also being a little confused. "But, you don't have your things with you, do you?"

He sighed, "Oh shit, I forgot."

"You should really go home then, pretty boy," I chuckled. "Don't wanna sleep with smelly breath."

He rolled his eyes at me, yet smiling. "Who cares about my breath?"

"Me, obviously," I said, raising up my hand.

He pulled my hand down and chuckled, "You're really..."

"Gorgeous? I know," I scoffed, knowing I tried to use a Taylor reference.

"I seriously wasn't going to say that, but that's a fact," he clarified, taking a step closer to me.

"Oh, um," I mumbled awkwardly.

Out of nowhere, he pulled me in for a kiss. My heart started pounding. Yet again, I was confused at the same time.

Once we pulled away I questioned, "What was that about?"

"Oh fuck, I'm sorry about that," he said, looking embarrassed. "I really love you Nora, that's all."

I smiled at him. "You really gotta start controlling youself," I joked. "But it's okay, I love you too."