40

Many days passed, it was the night of May 2nd. All those days I was just at home, my small modern apartment, hiding from the public. Chelsea got destroyed terribly by Arsenal, with Odegaard scoring twice on them. The score was 3-1, but at least Noni Madueke scored.

That night, I transferred the tickets back to Mason, I just couldn't hold possession along with the heavy guilt on my back. With that, I texted him.

_______

mase

me
hey mase, i transferred back the
tickets to u... ik they were prob
expensive and i js cant keep them yk

me
i felt the need to give them back, i
js cant go to the concert w all this
guilt on my back... but as i should

me
but other than that, this might be
the last time of us two talking...

me
therefore, i hope the best for u in
life, thank u for everything.🫶

mase
thanks... but

mase
can we talk ab the thing

me
uhm sure

mase
ft me

________

That's when I rang him, he answered pretty quickly. Awkwardly, he greeted me, "Hey."

I waved back at him. "Hi..."

"I just want to... hear your side of the story, then I'll tell you mine... that's why I wanted to call."

"Mason..."

"Yeah?"

"I was stupid," I admitted.

"You think?"

"I'm sorry for ever being dumb enough to go to a club just for the benefit for myself, knowing we were on a break... And the kiss thing? Yeah, it was unexpected. Believe it or not, I pulled away... even blocked the guy when he texted me."

"You gave him your number?" he asked, raising his voice— making it a loud, angry type of voice.

"Yeah..."

"What was it for?" he asked. "Sex in your bedroom? A one night stand?"

"That's not what happened, I swear! I was stupid enough to give a random guy my number... and no, we didn't have sex or anything like that. The first AND last time I did that was with my ex..."

"No point in the number, so why give it?"

"I was dumb, I'm sorry. Please, just believe me."

He shrugged. "I don't know."

"Just... tell me your side of the story then."

"I was at Ben's, then he saw a picture of you and that guy... I cried in the bathroom, that's when you know it's bad."

"I'm so sorry, and I promise after this call, I'm never interacting with you ever again... I can't hurt you like that."

"Nora, please. We don't have to break contact forever. I don't want us to end like this."

"Oh..."

"I don't wanna end on a bad episode, I just wanna—"

"What?" I asked. "You were literally pissed at me and I'm trying to give you space... like you said."

"Maybe because you cheated?" he said. "And I just can't let us end like this... by this, I mean what's happening right now."

"How do we not end badly, huh?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know..."

"We can't end badly if we already ended," I stated. "We can't do shit about it."

"I know... but listen... you—"

"You know what... I just can't do this over call, I'm sorry," I apologized. "Just... text me if you can meet in person or something... I can't talk about stuff like this over the phone."

"Okay..." he said. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

That's when I ended the call.

.
___
.

After she ended the call, I realized how stupid I was. Did I really try to make up with her over a FaceTime call?

I had to tell Ben and Kai, mostly because my dumb self wouldn't know what to do. These two knew about love, they had the experience. I did too, but it didn't work out.

______

um...

me
guys

chilly 🥶
its almost 12am what do u
want now

me
i called her

king kai
how did it go??

chilly 🥶
i bet it went wrong

me
stfu

me
but ur not wrong

chilly 🥶
HA

king kai
what happened..?

me
we told each other our sides
of the story... and she said she
promises to never talk to me
ever again and i refused

me
i didnt want us to end badly,
then she said she cant handle
talking ab shit like this over a
call

me
she told me to text her to meet in
person to chat abt it

king kai
that didnt go completely wrong??

chilly 🥶
couldve been worse blud💀

me
when should i talk to her

chilly 🥶
give her some space man, she
regrets what she did to u and
if u 2 get back together shes
worried to break ur heart again

me
honestly that's decent advice

me
thanks man🫡

chilly 🥶
thanks and yw mate

king kai
gn guys im sleeping

me
gn kai

chilly 🥶
night