23

It was Saturday, March 18. Mase had texted me this morning that he was going to a game tonight with the well-known Love Island host, Maya Jama. Then, he said something about how his manager has to talk to Graham Potter for either whether or not he can play for the Euro Qualifying matches.

Sophia had also texted me that morning, asking if I could come over for a sleepover. She said she invited Izabel Kovacic, who I never even met before, but I knew she was dating Mateo Kovacic. She also managed to invite Magui Corceiro, who seemed to be always traveling the world.

At around 3 in the afternoon, I headed over to Sophia's place.

Once she opened the door for me, I saw who I assumed was Izabel and Magui, sitting on the couch, watching some TV show I've never watched before.

"Hi," I greeted awkwardly.

Izabel stood up, walking up to me. "Hey, I believe we haven't met before," she said, reaching her hand out to shake my hand. "I'm Izabel."

"I'm Nora," I said with a friendly smile.

Magui also stood up, having an exciting look on her face. Then, she wrapped her arms around me and greeted, "Nora! Hi! Haven't seen you in so long."

I hugged her back and said, "Yeah, it's been quite a bit. Only a few weeks..."

We pulled away from each other.

She sighed, "Feels a bit longer... more like a month?"

Sophia approached the both of us and asked, "Are you guys going to sit down or not?"

"My bad, Soph," I chuckled. "I'm trying to be friendly."

She rolled her eyes at me and sat on the couch along with Izabel.

Not long after, Magui and I sat beside them, watching whatever the fuck was on the TV.

"What are you guys watching?" I asked curiously.

"Mason Mount Documentary," Sophia joked, making the other two girls burst out a laugh.

I faked laughed, "Ha, ha, very funny Soph." I added on, "I laughed so hard I almost wheezed my pants."

"I know right," she said. "I'm so funny, I'm hilarious."

"It's The Summer I Turned Pretty," Izabel answered. "It's really good."

"Oh, what's it about?"

"It's basically a love triangle type of show where the girl likes the two brothers."

I gasped, "Um!"

"Yeah..."

"I can't imagine being her, dating brothers..."

She agreed with me. "Right, if Mateo had a brother I would never date him, at all. I'm loyal."

"Can't relate," I said, knowing damn well I'm taken now.

Magui, out of nowhere, mentioned something I obviously didn't want to hear from another person since everyone has been saying that to me. "So... Nors... I've heard a rumor about you and Mason..."

"Oh god, not again!" I yelled. "Literally everyone says that to me nowadays!"

"Oh, sorry," she said. "But I keep seeing rumors about you two dating from your like... um... fanpages."

"Oh well, I'm not surprised," I mumbled to myself.

Sophia was side-eyeing me, giving a look that's like, "tell them right now... they're mad trustworthy."

I shook my head lightly at her, trying not to make it obvious that she was trying to signal me something.

Somehow, Izabel saw my head shake at Sophia. "Is there something you're hiding?" she asked me. "You can tell us."

"What?" I asked, acting clueless. "Why would I be hiding something?"

Magui yet asked again, "Wait, but answer this question. Are you guys dating?"

I looked back over at Sophia, who was giving the same look again. I turned back around and said, "Yeah... he asked me to be his girlfriend on Thursday because of something that happened last week between us."

"Oh my god!" they both squealed.

"What happened last week?" Izabel asked.

"We kissed, no big deal," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

But it was. It was a big deal. We kissed after literally confessing to each other, after listening to Taylor Swift songs together.

Sophia chuckled, "Yeah, no big deal."

"Shut up," I scoffed. "Anyways, please don't tell anyone, we're keeping it private."

They both agreed to not telling anyone.

"Have you guys like done anything together?" Izabel asked me.

"Hung out multiple times, pretty much it."

"What else?" Magui asked, looking quite invested. "Done anything like, crazy? Like..."

"If you're asking if we ever did it, it's a no," I answered, knowing what she was gonna say. "We're literally always acting like best friends."

Sophia let out a chuckle, "Yeah, sure..."

"It's true!" I yelled, defending myself. "We tell each other everything and shit."

"Is he going to the Chels game tonight?" Izabel asked me.

"He's going to some other thing with a friend," I said. "You know, the Love Island host?"

"Oh, um, yeah," Magui said, remembering.

"He told me this morning... also do you guys wanna watch the game tonight on TV?"

"Isn't that what we're here for?" Izabel asked.

"Oh right, I don't think I told you, sorry Nors," Sophia said.

I nodded, "It's fine..."

Later that night, we all watched the match between Chelsea and Everton.

Nothing really happened in the first half, so the score was still 0-0. I had accidentally fallen asleep when it hit half time, I was bored and just wanted Chelsea to score.

I could feel a blanket suddenly wrap around me, now that I was feeling cozier, snuggling. I had drifted off to sleep without realizing it... I never fell asleep during a game before.