6

I didn't say a word after the game. I was also wondering where to give Mason his jersey back. Since the Chelsea team was staying at the same hotel as Sophia and me, I assumed that I should give it later.

Most of the stadium was cheering, those surrounding me stood there in silence. The two boys (the idiots) behind me were complaining.

"That's why Mount shouldn't go on!" one of them yelled.

I slid my arms into my jacket and put it on. My back was officially covered.

I heard one of the boys whisper, "She's embarrassed."

I really thought that wearing my jacket to cover up the back of the kit would help prevent them from saying mean shit, but no.

"Let's go now," Sophia said, tapping my shoulder.

I nodded my head, agreeing. "Yeah," I mumbled.

We started to exit out of the stadium, through the crowd of people, through all the noise. Some fans were raging because of this loss. I'm just hoping Chelsea makes a comeback, I already heard so much this team has been through.

Once we got to the parking lot to our rental car, we drove back to the hotel. The first few minutes of the drive was silent, Sophia and I didn't say a word.

"Did you hear what those two kids kept saying behind me?" I asked her.

She turns the steering wheel. "No, what did they say?"

"They said some shit about Mason Mount since I was wearing his kit," I explained clearly. "They were like saying, 'He's so rubbish! Get out of my club! He deserved to be suspended from the second leg!' and stuff like that."

She let out a deep sigh. "If they were saying that about my favorite player I would throw a punch."

"But he isn't my fav player though, he literally just gave me his jersey."

She shook her head. "I mean, also if I'm wearing the player's kit I would throw hands if they talked shit."

"I don't know anymore, I just feel so bad for him. Does he know about this? I can't imagine the crap he's been dealing with for the past season."

"Just ask him," she suggested. "Ask him when you give back his kit."

"When?" I asked.

"When you can, maybe when you actually have the balls to," she teased with a smile widening on her face.

"We're going back to London tomorrow so I guess it would have to be later tonight."

She nodded, "Good idea."

So then later that night when we got back to the hotel, Sophia had texted Kai to find out where Mason's room was. They were both in the same room.

While she texted him, I changed my clothes into a random t-shirt, also with sweatpants.

____
KAI

SOPH
Hey, are you guys at the hotel
yet by any chance???

KAI
Yeah, why?

SOPH
im js wondering where ur hotel
room is, nora needs to give
something back to mase

KAI
216, just knock on the door
and we'll let whoever is going
in.

SOPH
thanks ily💗

_____

"It's room 216," she informed me. "So it's on the second floor. Just take the elevator."