𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

The next morning had come quicker than ever

The next morning had come quicker than ever. There were large and small beautiful clouds that rolled along. A couple leaves of oaks and pine needles floated by, a couple purple and pink petals floating down as well.

A tiny cherry blossom flower floated down and walked along with the wind. The wind carried the tiny flower like a mother cradling it's newborn baby.

The wind carried it all the way down and eventually land into a mop of long, ebony locks. The human who was bestowed such silky locks of hair lifted their growing arm up to their head to see what had fallen into her hair. Her light, sage-colored, kimono sleeve fell down her arm as she did this action and carefully pulled the blossom away and held it in the palm of her small hand.

The little girl looked up with her glossy eyes as the people she cared so deeply for. Who provided for her and cared for her, treated her like she was family to them.

"When can I see you again?" She asked, voice croaky.

That pair of burgundy orbs stared into hers as he squatted down to meet her at her own level. He forced a smile into his face. "Soon, Yui. Soon."

She held the blossom in her hand and stared down at it. She sniffed and gazed back into the boy's eyes. Just staring into them only made her want to cry even more. She didn't want to leave them, but life sucks a lot of times, you just have to be strong and pull through. That's what life is, and no one can change it.

Yui then wrapped her arms around Tanjiro's neck and began to cry into his haori. He let her do this, not caring if his haori got went from her salty tears.

He was going to miss her too, and Nezuko, but it was best for both of them. After what you had told him about Ayame filling you in on things that needed to be known, they wouldn't be safe here. He wouldn't forgive himself if something did happen to the both of them.

Tanjiro lifted his calloused hand up and into her hair, clutching her tighter in his embrace. "You must be strong, Yui. You are, I know you are. You're special, more than you know."

Yui smiled into his haori and lifted her head upwards to look up at you. Your (h/l) (h/c) locks of hair flowed with a gentle breeze. A butterfly clip set into your hair, reminding her of the butterfly sisters.

You squat down next to Tanjiro and took her small hands in your own, staring into those deep silver orbs of hers. "You are strong, Yui. Your heart is pure. Look after yourself, Nezuko will look after you as well."

Yui let out a whimper, your touch making her miss you even more. A tear dropped down her face, you could feel your own eyes becoming glossy.

"Just— please stay alive, mommy." Yui cried. "I don't know what if do without the both of you. After the mission from before a-and... think you were gone—"

"Oh Yui shhh." You hushed and pulled her into a warm embrace. Salty tears already starting to fall down your rosy cheeks, the lump forming in your throat.