43

TAYLOR'S POV

Trevor woke up early with Taylor so they could make a big pancake breakfast for everyone, just like Taylor did back home with her family. They had gone grocery shopping and got tons of fruits for the breakfast, as well as chocolate chips for the pancakes. Trevor loved cooking with her, enjoying every moment of her bossing him around in the kitchen. He gave up after 10 minutes so he decided to stand and hug her from behind while she flipped the pancakes. Watching her be in his family home made Trevor feel something he hadn't ever felt before.

The rest of the family got up just in time, sitting down at the table and getting pancakes served to them by Taylor. She explained to them about her family tradition of eating pancakes on Saturday mornings together and talking about their weeks. Trevor was going golfing with his dad and brother today while Ava and Julie were taking Taylor shopping and showing her where Trevor grew up.

They finished breakfast and went to get ready for the day, Trevor getting dressed in golf clothes and Taylor throwing on a pair of white jeans and a blue knitted sweater. She curled her hair while Trevor stood beside her brushing his teeth, asking her to curl some of his pieces too.

"You look so pretty Trev" she said giggling.

"Do you know how much I love you Taylor?".

She looked shocked at the boys comment, wondering where that came from and what that had to do with curling his hair.

"I want to marry you some day, and then grow old together and watch our kids grow up and play hockey in the backyard" he said.

"I want that too Trev, you are my forever person" she said giving him a kiss.

"You guys are so cute" Ava said from the doorway who had been eavesdropping on the whole conversation.

"Yeah yeah, what do you want" Trevor said blushing.

"Dad says you guys are leaving now" she said before walking off.

Trevor gave Taylor a goodbye kiss and left to go golfing with his dad and brother. Soon after he left Taylor finished getting ready and walked out to join the girls who were sitting in the kitchen. They got into the car and drove off to some small boutiques in a cute little town only 10 minutes away. Taylor bought a new summer dress in Trevors favourite colour, as well as matching necklaces for her and Trevor, one silver and one gold both with the letter T as a charm.

After shopping they showed Taylor around the town that Trevor grew up in, showing her his elementary school and the rink where he grew up playing hockey. Seeing these places made her love for Trevor grow even stronger and making her realise how much she wants to be in his life and know more about him.

When they got back to the house Julie said she had something that she had to go get so Taylor waited for her in the living room. She came back with a little jewellery box, making Taylors heart skip a few beats. Julie pulled out a little gold ring with a tiny diamond on it, taking Taylors hand and slipping it on her finger.

"This was mine when I was your age, now I want you to have it" she said.

Taylor eyes filled up with tears, grateful for the gesture. "What about Ava, this belongs to her" she said.

"I told myself this ring would go to my second daughter, but I never ended up having one" Julie said grabbing Taylors hands, "But now I have you".

They sat hugging on the couch while Trevor and the boys walked in from their long day of golfing. Taylor said hi to them before excusing herself to go text Sydney and see how her friend was doing.

private messages
mommy syd 🤠🍻👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

taylor
hi mommy
how are things, baby okay?

mommy syd 🤠🍻👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
everything is good, I'm with Jamie rn buying some clothes for the little thing

taylor
AWE
say hi from me

mommy syd 🤠🍻👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
he says hi back
how are things with the zegras family

taylor
so good syd, I love them
trevors mom gave me a ring that she said she kept for when she had her "second daughter"

mommy syd 🤠🍻👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
you're kidding
that is the sweetest thing ever

taylor
I love this family so much

mommy syd 🤠🍻👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
I'm happy for u kiddo

taylor
I love you Sydney
see you soon

mommy syd 🤠🍻👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
I love you too