ᴏɴᴇ.

A Cliche story about two not so Cliche boys

"Please remember class, next week we'll have our first test, homework is to be completed online via the schools website

"Please remember class, next week we'll have our first test, homework is to be completed online via the schools website."

My Teacher, Mrs Applewood rushed to announce some last minute reminders while we all began to pack up and head to our next destination.

I'm sure she knew half the people in here weren't listening to her anymore, after that bell rang, the only thing on most of our minds was "finally."

"Ah, Hayden if you don't mind staying for a moment, I need to speak with you." She asked as I packed.

"yes ma'am." I mumbled politely.

Once I was all packed I stood up and threw my bag over my shoulder before walking over to her desk.

By this point the entire classroom was empty besides the two of us.

"As you know you're one of my top students." She smiled, placing her glasses on her face.

I smiled politely and nodded, "so my husband came to me the other day with an opportunity for two students." She started.

"I've told you all before, but just in case you don't remember, he works in Washington." She added.

"Ah yeah I remember." I nodded.

"well his company is giving out a 5 thousand dollar scholarship and he asked if I had anymore in mind. Of course, since we're having this conversation, you're one of them." She explained.

"The other student I was thinking of was Yamir Marino, are you familiar?" She asked.

I'd seen him around and heard about him before sure, I mean it was kinda impossible not to honestly. He was everyone's golden boy, if they could name this school after him I swear they would.

"Yeah but I haven't talked to him before." I told her.

"That's fine, let this project be the bridge to friendship for you both, but basically I want the two of you to come together to create a presentation of some sort—something that would show why the two of you are a good choice for this scholarship." She explained.

I nodded at her words then spoke myself, "how so? Like should we choose a topic, or just sell ourselves?" I questioned.

"I wouldn't say sell yourselves, just come together and choose a topic you're both interested in—do a bit of research, prepare a presentation, then you're all set." She smiled.

"Since the two of you are seniors I'm sure this would be a great opportunity for you both." She added genuinely.

"Thank you Mrs.Applewood." I responded politely.

"Have you talked to the other student about this or should I?" I asked.

"I'll do it, he'll be in my next class so I'll have the same conversation I had with you—with him. I'd say after school is over today, swing back by my room to discuss details or get some early brainstorming done." She explained.