ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ.

Dear Mr.Right

Our presentation went amazing! The judges loved it and I feel like I was finally able to get a goods night sleep. That thing was stressing me out BHAD so I'm glad it's over. buttttt Yamirs acting weird, like...I can't describe it but somethings off. maybe its just reality setting in, and all of this was really too good to be true, who knows.

 maybe its just reality setting in, and all of this was really too good to be true, who knows

"Let's remember everyone, next class there will be a test." Ms.Applewood announced.

"—everyone have a nice day, and Hayden please see me when you're all done packing." She added.

I nodded to myself and quickly finished packing while everyone else poured out of the class.

Moments later I made my way to her desk and spoke. "Hey Ms.Applewood, everything okay?"

"Ah, yes hun, I just wanted to touch bases with you after the presentation yesterday—I heard you and Yamir did amazing." She said happily.

I smiled and nodded, "yeah it went great, thanks again."

"No problem hun," she waved off, "my husband told me that the 5 thousand will be directly transferred to the school you commit to whenever they get the information," she then informed.

"Got it, thank you." I nodded.

"—wait, I thought it was 25 hundred ?" I asked genuinely.

"Oh it's was, but your partner forfeited his award, and asked that it be given to you as well."

"what, is that even allowed?" I questioned in both concern and shock.

"—well it's never been done before," she nodded, "but my husbands company allowed it this time, so an extra congratulations I guess." He laughed.

"so let me get this straight, Yamir forfeited his scholarship money, to me?" I questioned again, "Yamir Marino?"

Just as she opened her mouth to speak, a familiar voice cut her off.

"yeah, he did." Yamir spoke as he walked in, face turned in his usual smile.

"—good morning Ms.Applewood." He added as he walked over to me, garnering an enthusiastic wave from the teacher

"You weren't at lunch so I figured you were here." He then told me, pulling me in for a small hug.

I hugged him back then spoke, "why did you forfeit your award Yamir, take it back!" I told him adamantly.