ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ • ᴏɴᴇ

Dear Mr.Right

I've never felt more out of place than I did at school today. Everyone was staring at me, whispering around me, giggling near me.

I felt like I was a circus act.

And it's all because I hopped that fucking gate....

"Oh my god, why would I do that," Hayden groaned, slapping his hands over his face

As I lay my head on his stomach, I gripped his waist in reassurance, hoping to soothe a little bit of those emotions he was having from the pretty bad day he described.

I started my recovery today after my concussion yesterday, of course, I couldn't go to school—for a week I'd just be here, home, in my room...

Even if I thought about doing something, my mom would kill me.

Thankfully though she had gone back to work last week after a little vacation, as of now—the only person I had to worry about was Hayden. Though, he was just as bad, if not worse than my mom when it came to treating me like a critically ill patient.

Hayden himself had arrived at my house an hour ago since he did have school today. Immediately I could already tell something was wrong with him too, he just had a sad look on his face.

I'd come to realize that the reason he looked sad is because he was.

"It's not that bad love, It might just be all in your head." I comforted, rubbing my thumb gently over the skin of his belly.

"I got so many stares today, like they were all just whispering and staring at me." He continued, "I felt like a circus act, and I know it's because they saw me hop that gate."

"—and besides Tania, I haven't talked to literally any of my friends today...and I only talked to Tania because I saw her in the hall.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could be there," I told him sincerely.

"No, you're hurt, I'll be okay." He mumbled.

"—have you heard from anyone on the team?" He then asked, wrapping his legs around my abdomen.

"Yeah, they all sent me a couple texts," I told him, leaving out a few details.

It was true that all my teammates had checked up on me or wished me a fast recovery. It's just that some of them also had lowkey tried to address why Hayden had been allowed to stay on the field with me after he hopped the gate.

Not to mention how he was with me when the EMTs had to check on me.

In fact, there were two in particular that stood out to me...

Darren: yoooo, coach told us you got a minor concussion. I hope you get better soon broski, this shit crazy. And don't worry bout the team, I'm holding it down. already checked a couple niggas who was asking around about you and that gay nigga. didn't I tell you people was gonna start questioning stuff if you kept being around him bro.