ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ • ғɪᴠᴇ

Dear Yamir,

I'm glad I found you.

"are you nervous?" I asked as I carefully placed the black paint on Yamirs cheek

"I'm never nervous." He replied, holding the sides of my waist gently as I stood in between his legs.

From his sitting position on the bench, I had decent enough room between his legs as I painted the black lines on his face for him.

Since it was the championship game, he insisted that I put the paint on him, something about good luck and whatnot. I'm honestly not even sure why football players even do this but hey—

"plus, it's not my first championship game—we're the defending team." He added.

"Yeah but it's still a big game—and then all of our families are here, I'd have a panic attack," I replied, chuckling.

"Nah, on the field I'm at home, I might be more nervous when I'm not on it if anything." He spoke as he chuckled as well.

"I still can't believe you have me back here Yamir, like isn't this a team-only area—shouldn't you be talking to your team?" I questioned, smirking.

Somehow, he'd gotten me permission to be in the locker room, though right now we were tucked off to the side somewhere, away from the rest of the team. Yamir said he just wanted to clear his head alone before the game started.

"I'll talk to them in a minute, right now all I need is you." He spoke.

"—and it wasn't hard getting you back here, you go wherever I go." He smirked, causing me to roll my eyes and laugh.

"As long as you don't get hurt, I'm seriously not about to go through that again." I told him, " I swear if someone out there even looks like they're playing too tough I'll kick their ass myself!" I ranted, causing him to be the one to playfully roll his eyes this time.

"I'll keep that in mind love." He replied.

Seconds later he stood to his feet and took his usual position—towering over me.

"I should go ahead and talk to em' now.." he stated, "c'mon."

I was pretty nervous to be back here at first, but thankfully no one really acknowledged me. They all carried on like usual, which was much better than the whispering and stares I was expecting.

As I followed Yamir through the locker room, I hung back a little as he prepared to address his team.

"yo listen up yall!" He announced broadly, which immediately caused all the commotion and chatter to die down.

Hot

"Alright, I don't wanna spend too much time talking, and honestly it's been kinda hard for me to come up with a good speech that's not the exact same as it's been in the past years—but I just want all y'all' to know I've really enjoyed playing with you guys these last four years." He spoke.