ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ • sɪx

Dear Yamir,

They say all good things must come to an end...

but whoever said that just hadn't met us yet.

"How do I look?" I questioned, turning around to meet my brother, who sat with a bored expression on my bed

"Mid." He teased.

I smacked my lips at that then replied, "You travel across the country to see me off to prom—and the first thing you do is insult me.

"Stop whining," he laughed, "you look good Denny—which is what I said the last ten times you asked me."

"I just gotta make sure okay—this is a big deal." I sighed.

Tariq rolled his eyes as he pet both our puppies simultaneously

They've been growing so fast, soon dads gonna have two big ass dogs to replace his sons in this house.

"I remember my prom bro—I had a ball." He spoke, "shit was a movie that whole night, don't even remember a lot of it, what I do recall is that I got some fire ass pussy, her name was Katlyn, I'll never forget shawty."

"okay, ew." I stated.

"Don't knock it 'till you try it." He chuckled as he shrugged.

"Doubt that's gonna happen, son." My dad interjected as he entered my room.

"Can we stay on topic!" I stated loudly.

"Hayden you look great son, I mean seriously you're dressed head to toe in designer—I really don't think anyone is gonna show you up." My dad laughed.

"Yeah I been meaning to ask about that—you sure as hell ain't buy me no designer when I went to my prom," Tariq spoke up.

"I didn't buy this!" My dad laughed, "his boyfriend did."

Tariq smacked his lips at that then spoke, "Spoiled ass nigga..."

"aw, you're mad." I teased.

"—and by the way, Dad bought me these cartiers." I teased.

"WHAT!?" Tariq said immediately.

"Hayden didn't I tell you to keep that between us.." Dad sighed.

I laughed at the exchange then went back to placing the finishing touches on myself in the mirror.

"Nah pop that's not fair and you know it." Tariq scoffed.

Youngest-born privileges, get with the program, or get lost.

"anyways—let me get a couple of photos of you son, ya lookin' sharp there brotha!" My dad spoke, changing the subject.

"sharp is crazy," I muttered, turning back around.