ʸᵒᵘ ᵖᵒˢˢᵉˢˢ ᵐᵉ

"Fuck" Sadie's whole body jolted away, thick sweat dripping off her body and onto her mattress and pillow. Her chest raised and her eyes widened, she looked around the room. The room was dark, pitch black. There was a faint outline of her bedroom, the desk, the shelfs, her stacked books. The girls chest was still racing, racing against the clock that clicked to her life. Nothing had changed, everything was the same. Her hands weren't dyed with blood, her eyes weren't wide with adrenaline. Sadie pushed up, leaning against the headboard.

She turned to the left and clicked on her lamp, her whole room becoming a soft yellow. Once again, her room was left bare, nothing had changed. So why was the girls heart still pounding? Why could she still smell the metallic sweetness of blood, the insatiable high of murder?

The girl wanted to scream; curdle up into a ball and die. Why was she feeling like this? It had been a year and yet this feeling, the anger- no, rage that brewed within her built up, had began to flow out. Instances were Sadie had acted on this thought within the deepest part of her mind, a mind that housed Amber Freeman's ghost.

This thought was aggressive, crude, vial, hateful. It had drove Sadie to madness, the idea of murdering someone came a constant in her life. She hated it, she wasn't the bad guy in this story and yet she needed the fix. It was a drug, a high that not even the strongest of drugs would help, she needed to make some bleed.

Her mind settled for these dream, haunting dreams of brutally butchering her friends; first it was Quinn, then it was Ethan, Dan from chem, Luna from English, Ms Parker her English lit tutor and finally Cassie.

Everything started when she joined her English class. The teacher had suggested to write a story for extra credit; Sadie desperately wanted a pass this class, so she did it. She could remember the date, the exact time.

Siting on her desk chair, the mesh back was comforting for her spin and urged her to sleep; she fought through it. She opened up the app and pressed a single key. And suddenly she wasn't her, she was dressed in all black; black boots, black pants, black shirt, most Importantly a ghost face mask and cloak. She housed a dagger in her hand, smiling proudly at the reflection she saw in the matellic weapon. Weirdly, when Sadie left her apartment people didn't call her Sadie, they called her 'Tatum'. The name repeated in her mind, why did they call her that? She thought so much about it that she woke herself up, her head resting on her laptop were she had written a book. A stab film almost; Tatum the leading role, had lost the battle. The battle against good and evil, losing to temptation. Something Sadie had once done. Tatum went on a killing spree, killing anyone and everything one. The only difference between the book and the scream franchise was that she wasn't caught. She didn't fuck with Sydney because frankly that was a losing battle. She had won, she was the final girl.

Re-reading her words Sadie cringed, the words she spewed into the screen scared her. The way the book had her on the edge of her chair and biting down on her nail, needing more. Soon, Sadie closed her laptop, never to read that book again. Ever since then she had these nightmares, no longer as the role of Tatum but herself. Nothing stopped the screams that took over her mind when the room went silent, quiet whispers of how much of a monster Sadie was. The girl had to supress a smile, she wondered if anyone in the room knew of the thought that possessed Sadie on the daily. Or if they could see Amber or was it just her.

——

"I like it" Amber nudged her head into the space between Sadie's neck, reading the words Sadie had wrote for herself. Sadie groaned disapprovingly, growing tired of this battle with Amber.