𝟎𝟏.

ATLANTA, GA - 2:32PM

I walked off the elevator exhausted due to the long shifts I've been working. I was ready to go home, but knew I couldn't since I had to visit Lim's grave. I walked out the hospital and into the garage averting my eyes over to the security guard- Ace. I've seen plenty of movies where girls gotten kidnapped and I couldn't risk it. As badly as I hated my life I didn't want to be kidnapped.

❝Hey, Saylor.❞ Ace smiled walking over to me before we both walked over to my car. "Happy Birthday again."

"Thank you and that's not my name." I told him watching as he opened the door for me.

"...right, Milan." He nodded.

I didn't like going by the name Saylor anymore because it represented my past self. I wasn't that person anymore so I went by the name Milan which is my middle name.

"Do something fun, aight? It's your birthday. You deserve it." He told me closing the door. He waited by the car until I pulled off.

Sighing, I thought about what he said. But it didn't feel right doing something fun on the day that Lim and I shared. He wasn't here for us to celebrate it together. It wouldn't feel right, but I guess today I'll do a little something. I mean after all I deserve it. I've been working back to back nonstop and fun was something I needed as of right now.

As I stopped at a red light, I pulled my phone out going to Apple Music and putting on Bryson Tiller- Overtime.

While the music began playing I began thinking about exactly what I was going to do. Right now I was going to the cemetery to spend a good 10 minutes with Lim. After, I was going home, shower, and go back out, but that's where I got stuck at. I didn't know what I was going to do and where I was going to go.

Guess I'll start looking at some places.

The drive to the cemetery didn't take long since I took shortcuts to get there. Once I arrived, I got out the car with the essentials I needed, and made my way over to his grave.

I felt myself get emotional as I put the blanket on the ground and sat down. This was always hard for me, why wouldn't it be?

"Hey, Lim." I finally said after I gotten myself together. "Happy Birthday. I didn't bring a cake this time since I just gotten off work so I can't say let's make a wish. Ugh, I wish you was here right now. I'm already knowing if you was it'd be fun as hell. And if you knew I was going to work on my birthday, you'd kick my ass."

"You already know what I'm about to say. Why did you do what you did? Why couldn't you let them people rob the store in peace? It's been 5 years, it's been so hard without you." I cried moving the hair that was in my face away.