Chapter 1

Kaito pov

I was sitting on a bench while it was raining and tears were rolling down my cheeks, today was supposed to be a special day, but it turned out to be a horrible day.

*Flashback*

I was meeting up with Akaito after school, today is our 7th year anniversary of the day we got together. I was so excited because he was taking me to my favorite ice cream parlor, then he said that he had a surprise for me.

As I was getting close to his history class, I felt my cheeks heat up, even though we've been together for 7 years, I still feel nervous around him. But I loved him very much.

But when I arrived, my eyes widen at the sight I was seeing.

It was Akaito kissing Yuma.

I was shocked and out of nowhere, I felt anger boil inside me and without thinking, I stomped over to them and shouted.

"AKAITO!"

They both jumped and looked my way. Akaito's eyes widen and Yuma just looked away. When I stood in front of them, I glared.

"Akaito, what are you doing?" I ask while trying not to cry.

"Kaito, come here" Akaito grabbed my hand.

"Yuma, I'll be right back"

After Akaito dragged me all the way down the hallway, he had a guilty look on his face.

"Akaito, what was that?"

"Kaito, I was gonna tell you after we met up so seeing you now was a huge surprise"

"Tell me what?"

"Kaito, I have feelings for Yuma"

My eyes widen at Akaito's words.

"W-what...but I thought you loved me" I struggled to say with tears forming in my eyes.

"Kaito, I did love you, you're a great day and I had alot of fun with you, but my heart is telling me to be with Yuma" Akaito explained while frowning.

"But...why?" I ask in a sad tone.

"You see, ever since Yuma exchanged schools and joined my history class, me and him got to know each other and I started to like him, I tried to deny them at first because I was with you, but I couldn't ignore them any longer so I was gonna tell you my feelings for him, I know today is a bad time because it's our 7th year anniversary but...I'm sorry'

"But you promised that you would always be here for me, and that we were gonna be together forever, and now you're breaking it" I cried.

"Kaito"

"AFTER ALL I DID FOR YOU, THIS IS THE REPAYMENT I GET FROM YOU, I HATE YOU SO STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I turned around and ran away while sobbing.

*End of flashback*

I was so mad and hurt, I couldn't believe Akaito would do this to me, I don't know what to do.

I know I shouldn't be sitting in the rain since I'll probably catch a cold, but I didn't care.

"Kaito?"

I looked up and saw my best friend Gakupo holding an umbrella over his head.

"Oh, hi Gakupo" I greeted in a sad tone.

He took a seat next to me and held his umbrella over both our heads.

"Kaito, are you okay?" Gakupo asks in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I lied.

"No you're not, what's wrong?"

Tears started to roll down my cheeks again. Gakupo took out a tissue from his pocket and handed it to me.

"Here"

"Thanks"

I wiped my tears with the tissue.

"Kaito, you can tell me what's going on and not to change the subject but, aren't you supposed to be on your anniversary date with Akaito?" Gakupo asks in confusion.

Hearing his name made more tears come out of my eyes.

"He...broke up with me"

"What, what happened?"

I told Gakupo everything and after I did, he looked really angry.

"Wow, what an idiot I can't believe he would do this to you and today when it was your 7th year anniversary, that's way worse" Gakupo says in anger.

"I know" I say sadly.

He then wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and gave me a side hug.

"I'm really sorry Kaito"

"It's not your fault"

"How long have you been sitting here in the rain?"

"About 10 minutes"

"You're soak and wet, you're gonna get sick"

"I don't care" I frowned.

"I do, I don't want my best friend to get sick"

"I know and I'm sorry, I don't mean to worry you it's just I don't know what to do"

"How about we go to my house, get you dried off, I'll make us some tea"  Gakupo offered.

"Okay" I nodded.

He helped me up and kept his umbrella above our heads and we headed to his house.