66

Just finished watching Suzume and ╥﹏╥
10/10

_____

Izuku hated the stupid bird mask Overhaul's lackeys wear. It limited his vision and his breathing. The other guys didn't hide their anger at the fact that Izuku was given the mask on his first day here but the boy couldn't find time to care while being busy trying to figure out how to breathe right.

"The other guys wear their masks religiously, but I can barely last an hour with this on" Izuku wasted no time complaining once he was alone in the room with Eri again. The second the door closed behind him, Izuku quickly ripped the thing off his face. 

Once the mask was out of sight, Eri finally looked up at the boy. She clearly wanted to say something, looking off to the side nervously and twisting her hands together, but remained silent.

Izuku knew asking her directly would make her think it was a command and wouldn't help either of them. Instead, he opted to sit down on the floor in front of the table and grab a piece of paper and a purple crayon. "I've never drawn before," Izuku admitted. He drew a line wincing as the tip broke off. Too much power. "I guess that's obvious."

Eri looked at Izuku and the crayon with wide eyes. She looked unsure for a second before taking a few steps forward to sit at the table across from the boy. She grabbed a yellow crayon and drew a half circle in the corner of the page. She scribbled the circle in and looked up at Izuku, "the sun" she pointed at the circle.

Izuku kept the shock out of his face and reached for a different yellow crayon and mimicked what she did. Eri gave him a short nod before grabbing a blue crayon this time and scribbling at the top of the page. "Oh, that's the sky."

Eri nodded again and the two continued drawing like that until they had a basic scene on the paper. When Eri went to add butterflies to her picture, Izuku opted to just add more flowers to his. The two had reached a comfortable silence as they worked on their second page. Izuku was focusing on figuring out how to draw a bird when Eri finally spoke more than two words.

"You're not Overhaul's friend, are you?"

Izuku looked at Eri, "I am not, thank Sensei" he sighed, "but I am stuck working for him until my friends get me." he shrugged.

Eri quickly forgot about her drawing as she focused on the boy in front of her, "friends?"

Izuku nodded, a small smile forming. "Oh yea, I have a lot of cool friends. One guy can make his skin really hard, and another one uses electricity!"

Eri gasped and leaned forward, "And they're going to help you?"

Izuku grinned, "Oh yea, they're going to become heroes and heroes help people!"

"Heroes?" Eri whispered back.

Izuku nodded and moved to draw a hero on his page. He paused when he caught sight of the person on her page. He could recognize that costume anywhere.

"Like him" Izuku pointed at the stick figure on the girl's paper, "he's one of my hero friends."

Eri's face dropped a bit at the news, "he didn't help me" she frowned.

"Oh, well he's still learning! He probably didn't know how to help yet." Izuku quickly backtracked.

Eri didn't seem convinced, "what if he didn't help me because he knew I was bad?"

Now it was Izuku's turn for his expression to fall, Eri had done nothing but listen to everything Overhaul's men had told her to do. "What do you mean by that? You've been pretty good"

That unsure look crossed Eri's face again and she began fidgeting with the crayon in her hand. "My quirk" she whispered, "it's bad."

Izuku put down his crayon and leaned forward slightly, "there is no such thing as a bad quirk. It's the person that makes a quirk bad and you have been nothing but good." he assured her.