24

Midoriya arrived at school still upset about what had happened at the festival yesterday. He had woken up a few minutes after the ordeal only to be scolded for acting out like that in front of a large group of people.

Todoroki ended up stopping his flames halfway through the fight and lost making Bakugo the not so happy winner of the festival.

Midoriya quietly sat down at his desk while Aizawa walked to his stand. He looked over at Kacchan who looked like he still wasn't over what happened. He didn't blame him though, even midoriya was a little frustrated to hear that he stopped his flames.

"Midoriya"

Midoriya jumped and looked up at Todoroki who was standing next to his desk

"oh, Todoroki! Is everything alright?" Midoriya would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised to have someone that wasn't in Bakugo's group talk to him. The most he got from other students were glances and insults here or there. Sometimes they'd ask about his villain life, but he wasn't ready to talk about it yet.

Todoroki glanced at Bakugo who was clearly trying to listen in on their conversation, and bent down to his whisper in his ear "can I talk to you in private?" he asked.

Midoriya nodded "maybe during lunch or after class, Mr. Aizawa is about to start class" he whispered back

As if on cue, their tired teacher slowly got out of his sleeping bag and looked at everyone.

Midoriya smiled as small gasps and giggles were heard throughout the room. Aizawa stared at everyone with an eyebrow raised also noticing these things.

Then Iida stood up with his hands raised causing Midoriya to sigh. He was going to ruin the fun.

"Mr. Aizawa! Are you aware that you have marker drawings on your face?" Iida asked.

Aizawa stared at him with a questioning look as he slowly processed everything. Then he turned to Midoriya who quickly looked down at his notebook as if he hadn't noticed anything.

"No" Aizawa he said through gritted teeth "I wasn't aware that there was marker on my face," he said through gritted teeth that gaining a quick glance from Midoriya who let out a small yelp as the two made eye contact.

The teacher didn't seem happy about it, but Midoriya couldn't help but smile every time he heard a laugh or joking comment from one of his classmates about his "work of art". In reality, Midoriya had only drawn cat whiskers on his cheeks accompanied by the tip of his teacher's nose being colored black.

It was Aizawa's fault for falling asleep and leaving him bored with nothing to do.

The rest of the class went on as usual. All this hero stuff had excited Izuku at first, but now he was losing interest. Heroes were restricted by so many rules while villains could do what they wanted until they were caught.

"it's so stupid how heroes have to follow so many rules" Izuku muttered to Kacchan. "they should be able to kill someone if they felt the need to" he huffed.

"Midoriya, what have I told you about talking in class?" Aizawa snapped.

Izuku sighed in defeat "to not do it unless I want to share it with the class" he said lowering his head onto his desk. Then he suddenly raised it back up. "wait. I do want to share this with the class!" he smiled.

Aizawa gave Midoriya a stern look before shrugging. Izuku smiled and stood up.

"I think it's a little unfair that heroes have to go by so many rules when they have to go up against villains who don't follow these rules" Deku spoke looking over his classmates. "a villain would never hesitate to kill a hero or civilians if it means escaping or protecting their beliefs, but the heroes try to avoid killing even at the cost of their lives just because they don't want to go against these rules!"

At this point, Deku fell into his habit or rambling leaving the students struggling to keep up as he hopped from one scenario to the next with detailed descriptions about how each hero rule could result in the death or major injury of a hero.

Some students turned to their teacher hoping to have him stop the green-haired boy, only to see him sleeping on the floor.

"for example" Midoriya walked towards Sero, his freckles glowed a dark purple as he tapped the boy's head.

"hey! What was that for?" Sero looked at Midoriya with confusion.

"try to use your quirk," Midoriya told him.

Sero raised a brow and lifted up one of his elbows. To his surprise, no tape came out.

Noticing everyone's surprise, Midoriya spoke again "heroes can't freely use their quirks without a reason, but I just stopped Sero's quirk because I felt like it" Midoriya explained. He opened his mouth to say more, but the bell interrupted him letting everyone know it was time for lunch.

Quickly, the students grabbed their stuff and walked out the door silently thanking the bell for stopping him from talking any more.

"I've never been so happy to leave class" Kaminari sighed.

"talk about saved by the bell" Kirishima joked rubbing the back of his head.

Midoriya crossed his arms as everyone left.

"hey, Midoriya? About my quirk.."

Midoriya turned towards Sero with a half-smile "it'll be back in two hours at the least. I have to talk to Todoroki really quick, tell Kacchan to go on without me"

Sero watched the boy walk out of the class "wait? The least?"

Midoriya glanced back as he walked down the halls "two days at most!" he shouted and ran down the hall. He didn't want to keep the boy waiting.

Midoriya nervously smiled at Todoroki who was standing outside the cafeteria doors.

"hey Todoroki, you did amazing at the sports festival! I didn't get to see all of it because of what happened, but I did hear some stuff about what happened, and it sounded like you did your best out there. And I don't mean to sound nosy or anything, but y-"

"Midoriya"

Midoriya jumped and looked at Todoroki.

"what you did yesterday was probably the dumbest thing I've seen in my entire life," Todoroki told him
Midoriya looked down with an embarrassed look

"but now I can officially say that a villain was more supportive than my dad, so I guess I'll give you that"

Midoriya winced at that, he forgot he was still considered a villain to the others he didn't blame them though.

"...so does that make us friends..?" he asked slowly looking up to face the boy.

Todoroki stared in thought before slightly nodding "fuck it, I'd love the see the look on my dads face when he finds out I'm friends with you"

Midoriya smiled brightly at this, "Does that mean you'll talk with me more? Can I ask you about your quirks? They naturally appeared right? They seemed to equal out the other's backlash, but is there possibly some other way your quirk can hurt you?"

Todoroki let a small smile slip as the boy seemed to be lost in awe about his quirk. Cute. He acted nothing like when they first met which intrigued Todoroki.

"I'll tell you a much as I can but let's go to lunch first, I'm hungry"

____

Ok gamers, funky news (^^; )

We have a about two or three more chapters before the book goes on a short break before we get to the second part. I'll get more into that after the last chapter for this part tho.

On the bright side, I won't leave y'all with nothing on this break. I wanted to do a simple Q&A with the characters and/ or me about the book and what's happening.

Y'all can ask your questions on this chapter and I'll got through and answer them!

I'm also open to any suggestions on anything else y'all might want like, random facts on the main characters or random shorts from Deku's past just to pass time ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌