49

I haven't gone over this chapter but imma be hella busy tomorrow so please point out any mistakes so it can be easier to rewrite everything when I have free time

(Edit: thank you everyone who helped catch my mistakes (^^) I'm glad there wasn't as many this time)
_____

Midoriya felt bad for his class, he really did, but he couldn't stop laughing every time he caught sight of Kacchan screaming at nothing before using his quirk, or watch Uraraka roll down the side of the hill.

Aizawa still refused to let Izuku practice with his quirks more, and instead forced Midoriya to get used to using them more by making him do random tasks around the area.

Right now, he was in charge of keeping Uraraka's ball moving, meaning that he had to grab it with his telekinesis quirk before it reached the bottom, and bring it back up to the top of the hill he was on.

"I don't need overpowered quirks to win fights" Midoriya grumbled, "I almost beat Kacchan during the finals without them"

"Uh, Midoriya, can you let me down?" The pink-cheeked girl asked before covering her mouth as she gagged.

"Oh, yea, sorry" Izuku quickly apologized before dropping the giant ball ando restarting its descent. Izuku glanced back towards a dark cave where screaming was coming from. Once Aizawa decides to have Uraraka use her quirk on herself, he will be moved to help Tokoyami with dark shadow next.

Midoriya mindlessly carried the oversized ball back up the hill before dropping it in front of him again, "are you okay Uraraka? You've been spinning for five minutes straight"

The girl gave him an unconvincing nod and thumbs up, "just a few more times and then we can take a break"

Midoriya nodded and dropped her back down the hill. Midoriya looked down at his hands as he opened and closed them, felling the quirk fade out. It didn't feel right to him to use stolen quirks against others in a fight. Sure, he used the quirks for little things on a day to day basis, but that was so they didn't go to waste even after leaving All for Ome.

I don't deserve any of the quirks I have. He sighed in defeat and looked over to Aizawa who was talking to class b.

"Are you alright, kitten? You seem distracted"

Midoriya yelped and snapped his head back to face the person talking to him.

"Ragdoll! I didn't see you coming over" Midoriya forced a laugh. He awkwardly looked away as the hero continued to stare at him with a smile.

"Did you-"

"Eraser Head said that you wore contacts that helped you with your vision" The hero suddenly spoke up.

Midoriya startled and almost let Uraraka roll out of his reach. With broken sentences, Midoriya brought his friend back up the hill and pushed her back down.

"I uh- I mean, yea I wear contacts. Is something wrong?"

Ragdoll leaned in closer and studied Midoriya's eyes, "And they help you regain your vision perfectly?" she asked.

Midoriya backed away from the hero with a strained smile "well, not completely, but you really can't tell"

Midoriya knew her quirk let her see the weaknesses of other people, but he didn't know how detailed it was. Was she just talking about him being blind? The lack of properly seeing colors, or was it about the scar on his left eye?

Ragdoll nodded "I'm glad, Eraser didn't tell us exactly what happened, but I don't want you to feel like a burden or a villain for something you had no control over."