25

"We have a big class today on Hero Informatics," Aizawa begun.

Midoriya watched the class visibly tense up at his words. It was almost amusing to see how easily the class got put on edge by a single sentence. Of course, he would probably be as nervous as them if he didn't already know the class plans. Aizawa always ended talking about them while they spar.

After a short silence, Aizawa spoke up "you need codenames. Time to pick your hero identities"

Everyone let out a small cheer after learning what they were going to do.

"This is related to the hero draft picks I had mentioned last time" he cut into the noise, "normally, the students wouldn't have to worry about their draft year until their second or third year, but your class is different" their teacher added.

Midoriya rested his head on his hand as Aizawa started explaining everything. He didn't need to pay attention to anything they were saying. He had a "nickname" already, and there was no way the school would let him be a part of the hero drafts. He was still a villain after all.

Midoriya was interested in what the school was going to do with him though. Maybe have him do some community work or continue training with Aizawa. Maybe he can finally get his notebook back.

Beep

Midoriya jumped up at the high pitched noise that was followed by a short zap on his neck. When nothing else happened, Midoriya looked up to see everyone focused on him sharing concerned looks.

Was I imagining things? The collar had clearly turned on for a second.

Midoriya put a hand on the thin collar and stared at the desk in front of him, he felt an intense weight of dread in his stomach and his chest close.

"Mr. Aizawa" he looked up at his teacher who looked almost as worried as Kacchan. "i- I think they know" Why was it so hard to breathe? His hands felt weird, tingly, but not numb.

Am I having a panic attack? Can I move my body?

Midoriya shakily put his hands on the desk and lifted himself off the seat. He could still move which is good, and now the next problem.

How could they have found out? He had kept a low profile in the school, so there's no way he could've been spotted. Midoriya raced through his mind trying to figure out why his collar had activated for those few seconds. Then he remembered.

He was on TV in the sports festival. They must've still been watching it without him. They found out he was still alive. The league could have him kill his entire classmates if they wanted.

Midoriya unconsciously started scratching at his wrist as his mind raced past every scenario he could think of. Everything seemed to be crumbling down in front of him.

"Midoriya, you're panicking, I need you to breathe" Aizawa instructed.

Bakugo slowly stood up as to not spook Midoriya and carefully walked towards him. "Deku, look at me" Bakugo spoke quietly as he carefully removed Midoriya's hand from his wrist.

Beep

Midoriya instantly pulled away wide-eyed as his collar activated and turned off again.

"d-don't touch me" he gasped. They're toying with him. They know the state of panic he's in. They know he'll lash out at his classmates.

Aizawa slowly joined Bakugo's side "Midoriya, we can help you, but you have to calm down first"

Beep